Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 10:24 #688459

• pete greek1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 185
Whenever I ship USPS I get the package insured by them, & I always insure the package for a little more than It's worth, It's only pennies on the dollar, you can also pay a small fee to have a signature required upon delivery
I've never had them loose a package, so I don't know what kind of a PITA, It would be to collect the insurance money
Has anyone had any experience with this ??
& yes , I've had many parts delivered to me that required a signature, be it from USPS, UPS & Fed Ex, I guess it all depends on the shipper
and you'd think that places like Partzilla would at least insure whatever they send out
Pete
1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 10:50 #688462

• SmokyOwl
  • User
  • Thank you received: 11
I haven't had to order anything from Partzilla (thankfully), but I have yet to have any serious problems with the USPS. I think the worst mistake they did was put the package at the rear door instead of the front door....whoops.

My issue has always been with UPS and FedEx both. I'm not sure if it's a seller policy or the shipper's policy, but seems like everything over around $100 has to have a signature. The problem is that I work, and I'm not home during the day to sign for the package at 11am and they don't deliver on Saturdays. So they just keep giving me these post-it notes on how they're going to try again tomorrow until after the third time they leave it at the local post office and I can pick it up after work or on a Saturday. Real PINA if it's something that's time-sensitive, and I shouldn't have to take a vacation day to get my mail during a weekday.
1982 Kawasaki KZ1100 A2, Shaft

Never trade the thrill of living for the safety of existance.

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 11:07 #688464

• pete greek1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 185
Smokey, I've been in your situation before, & what I use to do was ask the manager or one of the office personnel (whoever usually sign's for packages or letters that are delivered at work) if it would be O. K. if I had a package delivered there, so I wouldn't have to take off work, & It was never a problem, I would just have the package delivered to my workplace
as a matter of fact whenever I was getting a package delivered to me, weather or not it needed a signature, If I didn't think it would fit in my mailbox, I would have it delivered to work, so the package wouldn't be sitting at my front door all day, for some one to snatch
Pete
1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!

Last edit: by pete greek1. Reason: added more info

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 14:26 #688496

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2681
I'm calming down a little on this snafu, but I've vowed to never use Partzilla again. They are the first company I've ever dealt with that takes no responsibility to assure the parts get into the customer's hands. On one hand I can appreciate that the tracking shows delivery, but on the other I'm telling them the package didn't arrive and I've ordered hundreds of dollars of parts from them before and this package was only worth about $30. They can kiss any future profit goodbye from my purchasing parts from them again.

I've heard about issues with UPS before but at least you can reach them on the phone. Try that with USPS. I got the local PO's phone number and it's busy 100% of the time, or maybe they just disconnected it.

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 15:13 #688497

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2634
I have everything delivered by USPS if I can help it. There is one substitute that doesn't like me. I never did anything ti him. Maybe it's the bike. The others have younger drivers and sometimes they get lazy. I missed a good deal because of FED EX. They said my address doesn't exist. I've only been getting mail there for 40 years. :pinch:
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 17:43 #688525

• zukdave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 229
Like Pete I have everything shipped to my work address as there's not always someone home.
Also I think that because it's a bizz. address there's more priority getting it there on time.
1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 18:38 #688534

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I'll bet you"re right. ;)
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 04 Sep 2015 04:33 #688577

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Got a package the other day . Came with some bike parts . Separate box . I know I never ordered a spot light . Has my name on it though .
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

BEWARE of Partzilla 04 Sep 2015 06:11 #688588

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Prize. :woohoo: Typo?
This wasn't. :angry:

As things played out, I was beginning to think I was being conned. Wrong parts, "anything else, anything else?" Then this. How a wrong piston could come in the right box with the correct rings I never found out why. When I got those NOS dust boots for my forks, they were dingy and wouldn't clean up, I paid $45 a piece when they were $45 a pair, I started looking elsewhere. 9 months later, this.

I sent a e-mail to the salesman and got no response. I started looking elsewhere for parts.Too bad, I'd been drooling over their site for two years.
Everything came by USPS. The mail lady would give me that deer in the headlights look, Once I had Bossie running and she brought me some more goodies, I told her I want to show you something. I opened the door to the shed and there she was, ready to tear up the roads of Sky Valley. " So that's what you've been working on, she's beautiful." :) From then on it was like I had a helper. She'd leave the packages behind the shed propped up against the door and honk if I was inside.
I wound up finding other suppliers and saved a lot of money. Better to have more than one place to turn to.
Steve
Attachments:

BEWARE of Partzilla 04 Sep 2015 10:11 #688634

• KZP15
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Try these dudes. Never let me down.
www.worldofpowersports.com/
I had a similar issue with Motorcycle Stoopidstore

BEWARE of Partzilla 04 Sep 2015 15:01 #688670

• missionkz
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 184
Kawasaki: They don't even list anything older the early 80's..... too bad.
Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

BEWARE of Partzilla 05 Sep 2015 08:31 #688743

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2681
After a few different emails throwing the problem back on me and the PO Partzilla now wants to replace the parts. Problem is the parts I need are on national backorder so who knows if they will ever come back in stock. At any rate, they have changed their tune somewhat which is a positive step. Maybe the fact that I told them I'd be sharing my experience on the motorcycle forums I frequent had an influence? One thing is clear at this point: getting your hands on certain OEM parts is getting much harder. Between Kawasaki discontinuing a lot of parts, retailers with somewhat questionable customer service, and the various delivery services throwing a monkey wrench at times it's becoming quite an adventure.