Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 14:16 #688341

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
Ordered some parts from Partzilla and paid for "expedited shipping" at an upcharge.

They ship using some odd compilation shipping method where UPS delivers to USPS and the PO is supposed to get the package to the door.

Delivery confirmation says the parts were delivered on Aug. 29, but they weren't. Two days later tracking shows "Updated Delivery Day" of Aug 31, but the parts never arrived then either. I suspect they delivered the package to some other address by mistake but for some reason the recovery hasn't gone as planned.

Contacted Partzilla and they said "the parts were delivered on Aug. 29". I provided the tracking info showing how USPS updated the delivery info and they said "there is nothing we can do, the package was delivered on Aug. 29". WTF? They didn't even bother to go and check the delivery tracking info I provided.

Basically they are sticking their head in the sand and don't care. Even though tracking shows a discrepancy, and I keep telling them there is no package, they just close their mind and keep saying the package was delivered "on Aug. 29".

Deal with these jokers at your own risk. They are cheap, but customer service sucks and they think honest people (me) are lying to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Nessism.

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 14:30 #688344

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
FED EX also. They delivered two packages to the wrong place the same day from deterrent suppliers. It's been two years of this and now if it comes through them I have to pick it up myself. I've gone the whole rout. Complaints, claims, etc. Also the delivered two bogus checks from two different states but with the same stamped signatures. They don't care ether. If a seller says shipped by FED EX, I cancel the sale.
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 16:19 #688359

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
  • Thank you received: 260
I think a lot of the real problem is couriers looking for a bit of 'tax fee income'. For the supplier to question them would be leaving their whole system open to question.

Whenever I send parts out give a very ambiguous description...i.e. motorcycle parts. Rather than spelling out exactly what it is, generally couriers can't be arsed to steal unidentifiable scrap metal.

I worked in a parcel sorting warehouse many years ago, nothing got pinched (to my knowledge) but a lot of it could have been handled much better. I remember once having a box of .22 long rimfire landing at my feet thrown from about 5 yards away.

"hey dickhead, can't you read - explosives, rimfire too -were you dropped on your head as a kid or something?"

"if it was dangerous we couldn't carry it"
1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces

Last edit: by Tyrell Corp.

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 17:08 #688365

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
The spring vendor accused me of keeping his items but the shock vendor filed a claim and sent me a new set. One was off eBay, the other was Rock Auto Parts. A investigator called me and told me he knew how FED EX operates. With his help I got my progressive springs from the other vendor.
Fed EX had the name of the scammer as the one sending the package with the bad checks. They would do nothing about it. I should have brought one to US Bank and had them investigate. Maybe then this guy would have been shut down. Meanwhile I get threatening e-mails from a guy in Australia telling me he wants his Shipper fees $1900 when the item I had listed was $200. Once again I informed him, (after letting him wait a while for his money) I'm with the Riverside County Sheriff's Office Palm Desert Station, have your guy visit me, we know how to deal with bullies. NOTHING.
My point is, there are so many scams, the shippers are making their money and no one has the time, money or wants to deal with them.
We're on our own. :angry:
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 17:48 #688372

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
I went to the PO today to talk to someone, anyone, in an attempt to find the package. They said it was delivered on Saturday at 4 PM. As it turned out I had another package delivered that same day and the time stamp was 3 PM so I asked them how it's possible to get two packages delivered at different times and they shrugged. "Give us your phone number and we'll have someone call you". Yeah right.:(

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 18:37 #688377

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I still have the local post office phone number. No one does now. You have to call a 800 number. They get lazy from time to time but when they get back to the office, I get all my mail for a while. I'm due to make another call. :whistle:
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 18:41 #688378

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
The USPS is horrible. I had ordered a rather expensive item that was supposed to be delivered to me. I checked the tracking number online to see if it was “Out for Delivery” yet, and the online system showed it had been delivered that day; the mailman wasn’t even in our neighborhood yet! I went to the post office and asked why it would be marked delivered when no mail had been delivered within 10 blocks of my house. The PO supervisor said his mailmen scanned every tracked package as being delivered as they put the stuff on the truck because that saved them time! What a joke! Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 18:48 #688380

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I've found mail and news papers out in the desert on patrol. Moon lighting? I called the paper and it stopped.
Steve

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 20:32 #688390

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 236
Maybe it will come in a few days. One can only hope. I had a couple times when USPS said they delivered, and a couple days go by I call, and like Steve said, all you can call is a 800 number that is automated, and good luck there, but with much effort I found the item sitting on the post office shelf for some reason unknown. Last time this happened, they actually delivered the item, but about a week late. Not sure if some honest person got it, and returned it to the system, or it sat at the post office, but the point is I got the items eventually. Good luck and hope you do.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

BEWARE of Partzilla 02 Sep 2015 20:57 #688392

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
As in every field most people are honest and take pride in their work. Then you have the few that aren't. Some of them even go POSTAL. :evil:
Steve

Last edit: by SWest.

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 05:05 #688405

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
  • Thank you received: 80
The older I get, the less "Service" I see in "Customer Service". As expensive as UPS is compared to USPS, UPS has the better track record for delivery, and tracking information. If I have to ship USPS, I go with Priority Mail.
'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

BEWARE of Partzilla 03 Sep 2015 05:15 #688407

• ThatGPzGuy
  • Sustaining Member
  • More Sparky than Speed Racer
  • Thank you received: 369
I use Partzilla quite a bit. I have been impressed by their customer service and will usually get an email response the same day if I have a question. Actually if anything their shipping has gotten quicker. I usually get my parts the same week I order them. It used to take much longer just for the parts to get out the door.
One thing I don't like is their 48 hr. policy of reporting damaged/defective parts. I'll do a mass order of parts for all the bikes to save on shipping and it might be several weeks before I open up the packaging. I received a petcock diaphragm with a tear already installed and they told me I could not return it. I ordered a replacement from them and something tells me that will be torn too and they will get my request within the 48 window :evil:

Oh and the USPS/UPS product is called SurePost. It is extremely expensive for UPS to pay a union driver to go to your house. The taxpayer is paying for the Postman... FedEx has a similar service called SmartPost.
Jim
North GA
2016 Yamaha FJR1300ES
1982 GPz750 R1
1974 Kawasaki H1
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1979 Yamaha XS650 cafe'
2001 KZ1000P
2001 Yamaha YZ426
1981 Honda XR200 stroked in an '89 CR125 chassis
1965 Mustang
1967 Triumph GT6
1976 Bronco
"If you didn't build it, it's not really yours"