Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 00:56 #485387

• mtbspeedfreak
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36
I actually started a "little black book" (seriously, it's a small black notebook) with as much detailed information as I can- dissecting that Z1.

Here's the exhaust (www.bulldock.jp/parts/win_mccoy/#z). It can be yours for a cool $2,800. Here's the kicker though, you can get a handbent Yoshimura (shop.yoshimura-jp.com/en/product/syousai.php?id=193) for pretty close to that price too.
2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 00:59 #485388

• mtbspeedfreak
  • User

trianglelaguna wrote:

Tri, what can you tell us about that bike? I've seen it before, but I'm racking my mind to figure out where.
2000 ZRX 1100

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 01:19 #485392

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
I think most people whole are dumb enough to pay 2800 for a titanium exhaust want that rainbow look. that way people know its titanium. They easily could paint it, but then how would people know how much money they wasted?

BY the way that guy on the suzuki is "bosozoku" it was very popular in japan for a while, basically hyper customization with NO TASTE. check this little article here and get ready for some laughs. I still dont understand why they mount their fairings so damn high, or WTF they were thinking with the rear fender on the first and third bike down. Personally I'm glad they are doing more stuff like this than more bosozoku.

Last edit: by DoctoRot.

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 01:37 #485394

• mtbspeedfreak
  • User

650ed wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote: ....they look like some fag at the bar with a 6000 watch trying to pick up girls working at wal mart....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Or a lady of the night with too much makeup...pink and blue exhaust systems etc. ??? And why draw so much attention to plumbing and cables - i.e. the throttle cables exiting the throttles up above the handlebars as it they're some decorative item?? Looks like something Astro Boy would ride. :laugh:

If they exited underneath they'd hit the tank.
2000 ZRX 1100

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 01:40 #485395

• mtbspeedfreak
  • User
300 kph, here's the link to the original article I saw: www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresu...-40-000-Kawasaki-Z1/

That "Z1" will set you back 40,000 pounds... or approximately $64,100.
2000 ZRX 1100

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 08:36 #485421

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829

mtbspeedfreak wrote:

650ed wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote: ....they look like some fag at the bar with a 6000 watch trying to pick up girls working at wal mart....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Or a lady of the night with too much makeup...pink and blue exhaust systems etc. ??? And why draw so much attention to plumbing and cables - i.e. the throttle cables exiting the throttles up above the handlebars as it they're some decorative item?? Looks like something Astro Boy would ride. :laugh:

If they exited underneath they'd hit the tank.

? That doesn't appear to be the case. If the cables on the blue bike below (with clip ons) don't hit the tank why would the ones on the black bike (which has higher bars) need to be sticking up in the air to avoid hitting the tank?

Attachment bulldock3.jpg not found

Attachment bulldock2.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 08:48 #485424

• T_Dub
  • User
  • Thank you received: 25

mtbspeedfreak wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote:

Tri, what can you tell us about that bike? I've seen it before, but I'm racking my mind to figure out where.

That looks like one of the original Daytona endurance racers to me.
1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 11:47 #485435

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
We've brought in a few of these extremely nice billet parts - the prices are crazy expensive at the moment. With the exchange rates down around 75 yen to the dollar, prices have effectively increased 50% over the past few years just due to exchange rates. Couple that with raw material prices climbing, shipping costs rising and it's become prohibitive to buy much of this stuff.

Having seen things like the billet triple trees, they are superb, but they should be for those prices.

The titanium 4-1 pipes are also very nice, but as others have stated $2500 for a 4-1 pipe is out of the usual price range for these parts... just...

What complicates bringing this stuff in, you can get hammered on broker fees if you use the post office when importing anything over $2000 combined postage and product costs - so any item over $1700 you need to bring in via Fedex or UPS - and they are not cheap either...
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 12:42 #485440

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Nice eye candy, but give me a bike like OMR's anyday over the glitter queens.

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 14:09 #485454

• Jack
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7

T_Dub wrote:

mtbspeedfreak wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote:

One of the original Pops Yoshimra superbikes, was ridden by Wes Cooley among others. Would love to hear those gutted Z1 4-4 pipes with a full out Yosh motor and 31 CR's.

79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 19:17 #485501

• mtbspeedfreak
  • User

Jack wrote:

One of the original Pops Yoshimra superbikes, was ridden by Wes Cooley among others. Would love to hear those gutted Z1 4-4 pipes with a full out Yosh motor and 31 CR's.

Apologizes for hijacking the thread, if money was no object, how would one go about building one? I've seen Supercharged's Vetter bike so ANYTHING can be done ;) . Morris mags, dual discs, black 4-4 exhaust, shocks, what else? Keihin CR31s you said? Yosh still makes hollow cams and valvetrain goodies, what else was on it? Still 903cc's?

Anyone have other pictures of it? I have nasty ideas racing through my mind... :ohmy:
2000 ZRX 1100

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 27 Oct 2011 01:32 #485558

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
hey my jokes are not knocking you great guys...boy i get a lucky lotto tick...we bring in whatever you want jeff...thanks...just hard to make that ribbon look nice on my 4h spring piggy....

can we get the oil fitting kits in sections and not the whole kit..like when raydar o'rielley shipped a whole willy's home a bolt at a time...on mash...beat the posatal boys at their own game.

Jeff.Saunders wrote: We've brought in a few of these extremely nice billet parts - the prices are crazy expensive at the moment. With the exchange rates down around 75 yen to the dollar, prices have effectively increased 50% over the past few years just due to exchange rates. Couple that with raw material prices climbing, shipping costs rising and it's become prohibitive to buy much of this stuff.

Having seen things like the billet triple trees, they are superb, but they should be for those prices.

The titanium 4-1 pipes are also very nice, but as others have stated $2500 for a 4-1 pipe is out of the usual price range for these parts... just...

What complicates bringing this stuff in, you can get hammered on broker fees if you use the post office when importing anything over $2000 combined postage and product costs - so any item over $1700 you need to bring in via Fedex or UPS - and they are not cheap either...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife