• Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 517

Patton wrote:

Finally! Someone I can relate to! :lol:
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 11:45 #485039

• peter1958
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 198
Now thats frickin funny

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 12:33 #485042

• T_Dub
  • User
  • Thank you received: 25
I personally think the Sanctuary bikes are incredible. They make a bike that is exactly what a KZ1000 or Z1 would look like if it was made today. The ZRX was nice and all, but these bikes are exactly what a modern Zed should be. I plan to base my next KZ650 on the Sanctuary pattern.
1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 13:38 #485054

• M357.5
  • User
  • Kwakas N' lots of em'
  • Thank you received: 10
I like some, but not all, of the mods done on these. I do like the use of modern components ( Ohlins are more than whats needed in my opinion ) any modern factory components are more than the chassis can handle anyway.

Those fiberglass tails are HIDEOUS at best, the lines dont flow at all. Ditch that and use a REAL seat and they would be far nicer.

$2800 for an exhaust is rediculous, for the few HP it might make over a $400-500 exhaust is not worth the money to me.

The Sactuary bikes are far nicer than the Bulldock builds. The Sanctuary bikes flow MUCH better.
83 KZ750L X2 + goodies = Project
84 KZ750L the mini ELR replica replica lol
84 ZX750E Turbo modded n' FAAAAASSSSSSTTTTT
85 GPz900r GREEN N' MEAN

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 19:30 #485104

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor

trianglelaguna wrote:

they would take this...and turn it into a p.o.s.......how they gonna fix something they know nothing about in their culture...they sold these...but we made em...

you gonna put a fj1300 rim on this and elec tach of a p.o.s ujm circaq 2004 and call it the shit.....nice try boys

Tri - where'd you find your Supertrapp? I've been trying to locate one myself.

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 19:40 #485106

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
oh those old things....you wont want one of those.....they wont turn rainbow colors...we all know a rainbow pipe is what omr wants to make nice and straight for wiremans exhaust hole...they talk on the phone at night for hours in their underwear about exhaust holes and pipes...they might even go into business together soon .....

those old supetrapps are not titanium and only fetch about 325.00 ding free and in perfect shape....8 can of flat black but it is on deck for a full dip soon,,,,,,

oh i bought it here in the u.s too....

Go Marco
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 20:27 #485117

• SPARKY47
  • User
  • 1980 KZ500 B2
  • Thank you received: 5
I wouldnt touch one of those bikes with a bargepole.
Because I'd be so worried about spoiling its good looks by dropping it I wouldnt see the 18 yr old F1 wannabee approaching thru a quantum hole. :kiss:
Anyway. My apologies to whoosevers machine it is but I saw it was either a 900 or a 1000 in the gallery here that just blew me away,just perfect. And I;m a picky *******!!! ;)
Point is...these machines are part of history,and glamming them up may work for some but spoils the purity of that moment frozen in time when you first see one as is from the dealer.In my estimation an improvement is farcical and unneccessary,they're just fine as they always were.
But what do I know.
I remember commenting on that beautifull machine.
Thats what I know.Nothing else matters. B)
1980 KZ500 B2

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 20:57 #485126

• trianglelaguna
  • User
!!! I am only posting my junk bike pics and poking fun because it is not what you pay for bikes-ice cream-hotels with a view-great beater cars- sunglasses... always that makes em good...sometimes it is what you didnt pay that makes em so good....and even the very best stuff back in the day cant stand up to todays items ...be it sunglasses, gortex,celll phones, or oil cooler fittings and titanium screws.....still

it aint the cost or material the sunglasses are made of...it is whether or not they are "right" right can be found laying in a ditch.....there once was a bike that could go as fast as roads in the 80's (same roads ) could be driven...in style...

both the new stuff and the old stuff will go plenty fast on the roads i can find....plenty fast...

and both are 100% different bikes for sure....but i aint gonna ride a 25000 dollar bike like i stole it....like i ride mine muthas... :woohoo: ... :evil:

the pics i posted were beaters built here by an idiot...i am no sanctuary...hell i aint even got no one to ride with....but my bike...looks like a cali bike...i know that....alone or not...cause it is here...and those bikes..........................are not

these...are gone too for the most part...but there was a time... when bikes got built in barns and did not need brakes or reserves..or idiot lights...keys....
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 21:00 #485127

• trianglelaguna
  • User
if that aint bad ....................................to the bone...

i give you anything they did'nt build those....................... in land of the rising sun ...they

can now for sho!!! to a perfect finish and better... make each of those bikes....but not the stained denim...not the wind....and not the smell of tequila and lsd ...

so why are we lining up like sheep
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:

Last edit: by trianglelaguna.

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 24 Oct 2011 21:42 #485136

• Boostable
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
To each his own and their individuality. Thats what makes it your own bike! Now with that said, the custom shops have there place, its just not in my garage!!

The one thing I can say for these guys and the idea of redoing the Z's is that it creates an appeal for the younger generation of riders. Lets face it, we can't all like classic, now can we.. :) If it continues to appeal to the masses it stays relevant, and keeping the Z's relevant is what we are all doing in our own way...

BTW, that guy in the video as what... 4'4" tall? LOL
~Jack

1982 KZ1000 J2 ~ Project (Street Fighter - Project Section)
1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 00:46 #485385

• mtbspeedfreak
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36

trianglelaguna wrote: my pin ups dont have the pimples photoshopped out....

of course they make more power.....but there were power Z's that looked better and did not have both ears pierced...30 yrs ago...you want power,make power,...you want biker boyz and music vids..make those ...to justify peter pan,tinkerbell bike...

That from the New Life for Old Fours article? B)
2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

Bulldock and Sanctuary... When money is no object. 26 Oct 2011 00:52 #485386

• mtbspeedfreak
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36
I first laid eyes on that Bulldock Z1 just over a year ago. I was absolutely speechless. Angelina Jolie could have whispered some things to me that I cannot say in public and I'd still not taken my eyes off that bike. I took the high res picture to WalMart and there's an 8x10 picture right next to my computer to remind me what is important in life. That Sanctuary Z1 is also a beaut!

My plan is to have four old Kawasakis- my daily driver KZ900, a showroom floor restored Z1, my father's Z1A done up with all the vintage speed parts I can get my hands on, and a 77 or 78 KZ1000 done up Bulldock/Sanctuary style. Yeah, I'd loose money on it, but holy crap it doesn't get much better than that, IMHO.
2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

Last edit: by mtbspeedfreak.