Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kiwi KZP 02 Feb 2016 20:33 #709129

• larriken
  • larriken's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 61
My mate George and I decided that we would finally try and sort out the very very bent crash bar that is now pivotal to finishing the KZP. The bike is now only a week or so from being finished! Best bit is we did manage to get the crash bar sort of straight but at least usable. It's at the powder coaters now getting the obligatory gloss black.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kiwi KZP 02 Feb 2016 20:37 #709130

• larriken
  • User
Wouldn't be a very good patrol bike if there weren't flashing lights too! Used a flasher unit and a horn relay and hooked up an alternating wig wag for the two blue pursuit lights at the front. You can't tell from the photo but the lights are alternating, honest. I finished up the wiring inside the front cowl as well. Getting closer.....

Attachments:

Kiwi KZP 14 Feb 2016 00:58 #710626

• larriken
  • User
Sooooo close now, got the bags back from painting and just fitting up the freshly coated crash bar.

Attachments:

Kiwi KZP 14 Feb 2016 06:31 #710659

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
How about a full pic of the bike now, then one of the finished bike later? :woohoo:
Steve

Kiwi KZP 19 Feb 2016 22:36 #711569

• larriken
  • User
Trying to get all the little things done so I can finally call the KZP done. I have absolutely no spare cash at the moment so trying to reuse whats around the shed. Barends were from a crashed bike. Had to make a few mods to get them to fit but worked out sweet. Also had to make some brackets to fit the crash bar as the new pipes meant the crash bar hit the header and couldn't be bolted up. Also had to paint up the last brackets to fit the bags and indicators (turn signals). Hinges for the bags were bashed and battered so they needed a paint. Top fairing is now fitted and bolted up. Headlight in, mirrors on........... Still need to fit the front indicators, fit the screen properly, rivet the hinges and latches back on the bags. Not far, not far at all. Some pics of her outside. First time it's been out of the shed!

Kiwi KZP 19 Feb 2016 22:40 #711570

• larriken
  • User

Kiwi KZP 20 Feb 2016 02:24 #711576

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Ride it like u stole it
  • Thank you received: 104

Bozo wrote: Larriken, there are a few photos under the Z1R photo group, I have written about its modifications previously.

I can't get over the quality of bikes in this forum, and love your bike, going well. To be honest you're giving me incentive to keep going with my new project GPZ1100. I'll post photos soon.

Sorry Larriken, I must've been asleep and missed this, when I get a chance I'll add my photo for you to see (far from finished), I am actually not a fan of these cop bikes but bloody hell this is a stunner.
First Permanent ride the Z1R since Dec1977 (220,000km) as of June 2015
Second permanent bike 1989 FJ1200 dyno'd 140RWH, great bike.
Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, getting new/ refurbished 83-84 motor soon
Forth my work bike FJ1200 1989 (same type as above)

Kiwi KZP 20 Feb 2016 02:24 #711577

• KaWaBoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Black on black... Looks great.
My congratulations!
Z1000 POLICE BRUCE WILLIS EDITION

Kiwi KZP 20 Feb 2016 02:50 #711578

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Ride it like u stole it
  • Thank you received: 104

larriken wrote:

Bozo wrote: Larriken, there are a few photos under the Z1R photo group, I have written about its modifications previously.

I can't get over the quality of bikes in this forum, and love your bike, going well. To be honest you're giving me incentive to keep going with my new project GPZ1100. I'll post photos soon.

Sweet, will go and take a look. What year GPZ is your project? I have an big pile of shit A2 that I have just started fiddling with. Bought it originally for the engine but the longer it sat in the shed the more I liked it so it's on the next project list.

The speedo will be swapped (when I can afford it) for a 4" GPS speedhut with a fuel gauge included because I don't have a speedo drive on the front wheel. Both wheels are
from a CBR1000F honda, front radial lever is from a GTR1400 and so on.
First Permanent ride the Z1R since Dec1977 (220,000km) as of June 2015
Second permanent bike 1989 FJ1200 dyno'd 140RWH, great bike.
Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, getting new/ refurbished 83-84 motor soon
Forth my work bike FJ1200 1989 (same type as above)

Kiwi KZP 20 Feb 2016 08:38 #711633

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37
And WHAT an amazing KZP bike holy cats that is just beautiful!!!!! Congrats on wrapping it up and the finished product is just awe inspiring!

Thanks for sharing,
Brett
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

Kiwi KZP 20 Feb 2016 14:43 #711682

• larriken
  • User

KaWaBoy wrote: Black on black... Looks great.
My congratulations!

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback!

Kiwi KZP 20 Feb 2016 14:49 #711684

• larriken
  • User

Irish-Kawi wrote: And WHAT an amazing KZP bike holy cats that is just beautiful!!!!! Congrats on wrapping it up and the finished product is just awe inspiring!

Thanks for sharing,
Brett

Thanks mate, pretty stoked at how its turned out. Will post some pics next week when all the last little things are done.