Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Project 82 GPz750 15 Sep 2016 08:31 #742342

• GKBO
  • GKBO's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes
  • Thank you received: 10

More stuff been powder coated.I think most of it's doe except the engine covers.Got lucky with the Kawasaki logo's on the cases,they just peeled off! :woohoo:

Wheels are paint ready after masking of course.Did the polished on the rims to 600 grit wet.Will leave it like that instead of my usual over polishing.I have a deal in the works to get a VERY nice stock exhaust from a member on the BC Classic site www.bcclassicmotorcycleclub.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Project 82 GPz750 17 Sep 2016 09:45 #742607

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes

Got the wheels painted.
Started on the brakes,the only good news is the front master looks to be in good shape.All three caliper pistons where a PITA to get out and one will not budge with air.The 2 I got out where rusted and unusable.The piston of the rear master is pretty much the same story Angry Think I'm going to have to get a MC together to force them out.Looks like the rusted rear KZ MC syndrome bit my ass Sad Anybody have a source for 43Wx36H SS caliper pistons?OEM's with seals(the dust seals are in good shape) are about $150USD from Partzilla,200ish CAD.Looked at the Wenmoto site,thy're SS pistons with both seals come out to about $200CAD,may go that way when the time comes

Last edit: by GKBO.

Project 82 GPz750 24 Sep 2016 05:20 #743387

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes

Got the oil pan and other covers to b the engine colour done,used Dupli-color low gloss engine paint.Just the finish I wanted.Engine has been soda blasted and ready for paint,After powder coating the engine covers it will be time to get it back in the frame!

Project 82 GPz750 11 Oct 2016 19:37 #745004

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes

The before

The after of a badge refresh.Was thinking there's on missing.The one on the tail piece was still on it.Like the engine badges it came off quite easy.Thinking I'll be putting them back on with JBWeld.
All the engine covers are PCed and the engine would be in the frame but for a medical issue.If weather cooperates next weekend I hope.

Project 82 GPz750 18 Oct 2016 19:40 #745637

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes
Finally got a little break in all the rain here on the wet coast!

Engine all done or close enough to:

Get her in the frame.A major milestone!

Project 82 GPz750 07 Nov 2016 16:01 #747515

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes

Got the stock pipes today with a lot of help from BCCMC members.SO happy!

Getting there slow but sure!

Project 82 GPz750 15 Nov 2016 10:41 #748037

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

GKBO wrote:

The Back To Black made the pods look way better.Just have to see about getting some lettering,if it's a PITA like it looks to be they'll have to do.!

Found these on eBay

So it looks like all the lettering will be back and I can get on with refinishing my front MC to :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyrell Corp

Project 82 GPz750 16 Apr 2017 05:17 #759276

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes

WooooHoooo! Off the jack and on her wheels.Been a cold snowy winter here and with no garage the motivation has been lacking. Cripy you'd think I was living in Canada the way the weather was. Picked up some brake pads locally to,$20CAD per set.Got all 4 sets of FA68's the guy had.

Last edit: by GKBO.

Project 82 GPz750 17 Apr 2017 07:58 #759391

• Shabba
  • User
  • Thank you received: 47
I just saw that nice exhaust. I would KILL for my pipes to look that yummy and minty.
-Colin

-82 GPZ750
-15 Yamaha FZ-09
-00 Suzuki TL1000S
-13 Nissan Nismo Juke

Project 82 GPz750 18 Apr 2017 14:51 #759535

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
  • Thank you received: 260
Nice work, you ain't wasting your time here. Just been out on mine - such a horny bike., always makes me smile.

Those 7 spoke wheels take forever to prep, but polished rims is the way to go. Powder coating these isn't an option imo.

Good, keep it coming.
1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces

Project 82 GPz750 19 Apr 2017 04:47 #759569

• GKBO
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes
I moved that pic as it was doubled up,here it is

Yes Shabba I was shocked my buddy passed on them.A small dent on one muffler but great for a rider bike!I would still love to get one of these www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/...423&product_id=57537 but I doubt it will happen.
Thanks Tyrell I think it will suit me.I wouldn't PC a whole GPz wheel ,the black with polish is the best look IMO.Could do that with PC but it would take a lot of high temp tape.
The other reason I haven't been doing my stuff is I answered an ad in my local"craigslist".The guy wanted some Harley bits PCed. Figured I had all the stuff to do that so I might as well try. I got that job and it got me thinking so I have started a small business doing small parts powder coating on the side.

The original job on the top and the second one to.Did one more for him but didn't get a pic.Done a few others to.Not booming but have made back some money invested in stuff I got for my own use.