Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ900 Streetfighter 15 Jun 2016 06:32 #731463

• DoubleZed
  • DoubleZed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Because one Zed just isn't enough
  • Thank you received: 9
It's so nice to be back on the forum and seeing all the progress everyone is making. I've been reading through so many build threads to get caught up with them; school has really been taking the wind out of my sails for anything non-school related. I'm glad to be able to visit and see the all the builds coming together and the community that exists here; everyone is so helpful and encouraging.

Kaw, it took me the entire build to figure out the fork extenders. I wanted to do a dropped triple, but it was just too far out of my price range. I looked into longer forks I could swap in (expensive), doing the internal extension some folks have done (over my head at the time), the screw-on ones from Ohlins (really expensive!), and clamp-on extensions; but in my searching, I found a small shop that made extensions for V-max's that just slipped over the fork tops. I guess the simplest solutions are the best sometimes! :)

Thanks MOD! The zx7 (iirc) tail light is pretty cool looking B) , I remember picking it up thinking "This would look sick under a KZ tail" and decided to buy it and see what happened. Your GPZ looks great! I saw your comment in 650mod's thread about the mirrors you're running. I was thinking about getting a set and trying them also, since I'm without any at the moment. Do you notice any excessive vibration with them? My cheapie emgo's vibrated like crazy, to the point they were all but useless. Can they be clamped to the end of the bars, or are they strictly of the rubber insert type (I'm running aluminum dirtbike bars for now and they have a thicker wall than steel bars, so I don't know if the inserts will fit)?
Corbin Teal
1976 Kz900 project:
Rebuilt engine
Suzuki GSXR750 front end
ZX636 rear with GSXR600 shock
2009 Yamaha R1 wheels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ900 Streetfighter 15 Jun 2016 07:30 #731477

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
Mine is from a ZR7, they were the same for many years. Both sets of blinkers are ZR7 too. As is the header.

The mirrors work great. No noticeable vibration. They can move easily when bumped but I've never had them move while riding. They do have a clamp screw you could adapt to bar ends of your own design. You obviously have the capabilities to do so. I'm actually planning on building some of my own so I can mount a second set of dual element lights to the mirror stems for added visibility. My only criticism would be that I wish the actual mirror were just a little bit bigger but for the price and overall usefulness they are hard to beat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.