Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 06 Feb 2023 09:34 #879855

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 648
Worst comes to the worst, I can nip in and sort it for you.
If it comes to it pm me your number and I can talk to you whilst I'm there.
I can give you their codes for candy emerald Green and coarse silver for a 77 650 as I still have half empty tins of those!
If your not a member of Z1OC forum I suggest you sign up for UK specific info. Sean Dewis in Derby is the go to painter for the club and has done dozens of A4's in both Green and brown. 

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Warren3200gt.

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 06 Feb 2023 11:12 #879857

• Gray17
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks for the info, ill look into joining uk club, although when i put in Diamond green paint i got more hits from this site.
as for PM have tried but it wont let me sendment, not sure why?
ill see how i get on with the phone call, but do appreciate the help.
​​help.my problem is cost.
i bought the Z900 as a partly restored bike, most of the work is not to my standard, so have fully stripped it.
frame and all chassis parts have been blasted then powder coated, engine fully stripped, all parts checked, then vapour blasted, carbs stripped, cleaned, all rubber replaced. Forks stripoed, new stanchions, seals  oil etc, needle roller swinging arm kit, new 4 into 4 exhaust system etc. Clocks refurbed, new faces, glass, re paint, basically everything. Its cost a fortune so far.
The paint whilst ok is none standard and needs reverting to standard.
colours of Diamond dark green. Had a good response from Ralph but of course hes US Based, which doesnt help.
I was contemplating spraying it myself as have sprayed car parts before, mainly to save cost as being retired money isnt in abundance. the prices ive been quoted are i think very expensive. It seems you can have 1/2 a car sprayed for far less then a tank and panels. Also none of them have heard of the Kawasaki colour or that its a candy all they seem to want is a sample to match or paint code which i have neither.
The post i saw where the guy sprayed his in duplicolour cheaply looked good to me, id be more then happy with that finish. Photo as is now.
Thank you
Attachments:

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 06 Feb 2023 23:56 #879871

• Warren3200gt
  • User
What's the aim? To get it back to stock? Lots to do / get if that's the aim. Tail light looks to be off a later model that had a squarer tail piece, J model maybe? . Rear shocks are wrong. Fork gaiters need to come off. Headlight ears should be chrome. Indicators appear to be repop for tripple era bike. Grips and seat are wrong. Needs 4:4 exhaust.
Idiot lights are earlier model style. 
I have a 100% original survivor 76 if you need reference pictures. 

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 07 Feb 2023 00:35 #879872

• Gray17
  • User
Hi yes as near as possible to stock, already sourced a lot of needed parts, tail light, fork ears and new stanchions to get rid of garters which were hiding rust. Sourced brand new 4 into 4 exhaust full system, new centre stand , grips, foot rests etc It will never be 100% but will be near enough, however the paint is ok but stripes stuck on top and not lacquered, to be honest looks a little amateurish, needs to be back to original.
not having much look with GB either got a reply from a guy called Jay, he says hes never heard of the Kawasaki colour Diamond dark green and never supplied it?, told me to try RS, im getting the impression their not wanting to supply me, maybe because theyd have to post?
i will gladly send my number but cant PM, perhaps you could PM me then icould reply or my direct email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren3200gt

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 07 Feb 2023 00:58 #879873

• Warren3200gt
  • User
Email sent. 

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 07 Feb 2023 01:58 #879874

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1720
The PM system has been down for a while now 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren3200gt

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 07 Feb 2023 08:46 #879876

• Moose1800
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 252

The PM system has been down for a while now 
Yes it has, it's a shame members need to post their email on an open forum to make contact.

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 07 Feb 2023 14:05 #879883

• Gray17
  • User
Thanks for the info,east that explains why i cant PM, thpught it was me!
the story moves on, i finally got through to GB finishers, they basically told me they have never mixed the Kawasaki Diamond dark green or heard of it before, strange as its a popular colour, they did suggest RS paints who they supply the paint to. Despite the fact warren3200gt has bought colour/color(if US based) from them before, anyway i checked out RS who are UK based. Sure enough they do list both Green and brown 75/76 Kawasaki colours, but theres an issue
if you put in the brown colour it comes as a 3 stage candy (base coat, tint coat and clear topcoat) which i believe to be correct, however if i select the Kawasaki Diamond dark green which is what i need it comes up as a pearl 2 stage basecoat and clear. I have phoned RS and they have confirmed this to be correct.
i cannot believe that one is 3 stage and the other 2 stage, this is in direct conflict with both what ive read and been advised.
Basically whats your thoughts on this as only want to do it once.
obviously if i was US based i'd order direct from Ralph but he cant ship paint to UK, then theres all the hassle with customs, duty etc hence why im trying to get it from a UK source
Who'd have thought getting a bike colour would prove so hard!
Thanks

Last edit: by Gray17.

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 07 Feb 2023 16:29 #879888

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
I’m not a painter so for what it’s worth. I have been working with www.paintworkz.com/. The process for the Brown is a deep purple base, metallic flake in a clear and cover spray base till 50% covered. The top coat is a candy yellow. Then clear over that. I can’t help any with the green.
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 10 Feb 2023 08:20 #879985

• Ian_B
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
Gray,

Another (ex) Hullie here...

Maybe try these people, they may be able to help: www.ebay.co.uk/str/bikecolours?_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2563

Cheers,

Ian

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 17 Feb 2023 12:39 #880338

• Gray17
  • User
Thanks Ian, im guessing you no longer live in Hull now and have escaped Ha! Mind you to a degree so have i but only 7 miles!.
Checked company out they have some great colours but the nearest icoild find is for a KH400 which is 3 stage datk green.
luckily ive found a painter whos going to do it for me, it is over 100 mile away but happy to travel to get it done correctly and at a reasonable price.
Do app info though

Last edit: by Gray17. Reason: Spelling correction

Duplicolor Deep Emerald Green vs. Diamond Dark Green 18 Feb 2023 06:01 #880375

• Ian_B
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI left Hull in 1981, travelled the world for work for 40 years, kinda retired, now settled in the North of Holland. Still have family in the Brough area.
Returned to bikes a couple of yeears ago (had various stuff in my early years - CB500/4's, a Moto Morini 3 1/2, and a hacked around Z1000 - scary thing). Now have a bright yellow Honda VTR1000. Nice bike, but it has to go - I fell off some ladders, and the forward riding lean on the Honda is too much for my shoulder (mangled some tendons - would have been better off breaking the damned thing!). Looking for a 750 Zephyr to turn into a Z2 750 lookalike. Ah, projects, projects...

The dark emerald green seems hard to find, and when you do find it, the price comes as a shock - here's one I found:  - and then comes postage from the USA. This might at least put the prices of the painter that you've found into some context.

Ian