Finally able to update this topic after quite some time. I have now been able to complete my partial swap to transform my 750H into a 750 E SR (it doesn't exist I know, but it's to have it look like the 650 SR) .
All in all, it was fairly easy. If I remember correctly, I had to change the following:
- Triple trees
- Front fork
- Front axle
- Caliper holders (because of the leading axle of the H, the brackets holding the calipers on the fork tubes are different on the H and the E, so if you consider this swap, don't forget them).
- Meters unit (with brackets, etc.): I first tried to fit my H meters unit but the new angle meant that the ignition switch couldnt fit snuggly in the cover, so I found an E meters unit which I had to restore.
- Front light bracket (I fitted the chrome H front light on the E bracket)
- Brake hose joint (it doesn't look like it but they are different)
- Tank and side covers: to fit the tank, I had to use some brackets in order to lower my coils. Sorry I don't have a picture of these. Will try and post one later.
- Seat: I used my H seat pan and I had a saddler make a cover and foam so that it looks like a 650sr seat. It turned out really good.
As for the handling, the bike feels great, no problem whatsoever from the change of rake and trail.
Sorry for the long text, here are some pictures now: