Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rake Services 16 Oct 2005 13:57 #2101

• hndrixon
  • hndrixon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am needing to have my frame raked. I am familliar with all the ways of doing this. What I need is Names and addresses or any info for a shop, to where I can take my bike to have this service done. And what I may have to pay to have this done. I am in the Kansas City area and would drive up to 10 hours anywhere in the midwest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rake Services 16 Oct 2005 18:48 #2185

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
You might want to talk with Norm Wilding at Mid-MO-MC in Columbia MO

www.midmomc.com

Norm bikes and modifies anything... Nitro Funny Cars, Custom cars, Trikes, radical street bikes and more.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Rake Services 17 Oct 2005 22:08 #2475

• DanVVArider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I don't want to sound like I'm on a campaign to push for the chopper sites, particularly after what I posted in Bud 1's thread about forward controls, but I suggest you look around Chopper Underground, Hardcore Chopper, Honda Chopper, and Chopper Crossroads. There's a lot of guys there who cut and weld frames to rake, lower, raise or extend them every day and twice on Sunday (if they're not ridin'). There's guys in the KC area who do this, or have friends who do.

You might want to check how this thread is progressing, just to get a heads-up...
"CHOP 'TIL YA DROP!"

Rake Services 18 Nov 2005 09:20 #8845

• wireguy
  • User
Bob Brown council bluffs iowa 1-712-322-6893.hes the best ive ever seen he can weld a zipper into a beer can and youll believe it came that way,all he does is custom welding and build parts for dragbikes,old harley parts and dragboat parts,hes the guy who fixes everybody elses screwups around here(hint,likes jack daniels)

Rake Services 29 Nov 2005 09:35 #10895

• solomrus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
wireguy,

have you had bob do a frame for you?

just looking for some info, or some of his work that i can check out before i decide to do it myself.

i'm over in omaha, where do you hang out? ever get down to the flashback's shows on wednesdays?

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Rake Services 29 Nov 2005 15:40 #10953

• wireguy
  • User
im in the process of striping down a 75z1 that he is going to brace the frame on for me and set up the rear suspension on.if your ever over at flashbacks during the summer look for a 6ft 4" guy on blue 1105 kawasaki with a chrome frame and a big tach with the needle set at 11,000 where the gauges normally go you have found Bob Brown!if you see that bike at a light,do yourself a favor dont call him out,that man can rriiiiiiiiidddddddddeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why im building a 1200 to keep up with him on the topside,cuz i know i cant beat him in a whole shot!ive known him for twenty-five plus years,ok im back!anyway id be willing to bet Bob can weld a zipper into a beercan,not only making it look origional but also without spilling it!hes that good.he welds aluminum,stainless,cast-iron he also does some lathe and mill work give me a call 933-1503,if im not here leave a message and ill take you over to meet him,you can see his work which is better than me bragging him up anyway!

Post edited by: wireguy, at: 2005/11/29 19:02

Rake Services 30 Nov 2005 10:28 #11086

• solomrus
  • User
wire, put a turbo on that 1200 and call it done! 8^)

i'll give you a ring some time later this week, as i'd really like to go see some of his stuff.

i think i've seen that bike down there before. i only go down there a couple times a season, but the chrome frame rings a bell.

ever have joe's machine do any work for you?

if you get a message from a guy named russ, that'd be me.

talk to you later man.

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Rake Services 30 Nov 2005 14:30 #11116

• wireguy
  • User
the turbo is already part of my masterplan ,im thinking a blow -through turbo mounted in front of the motor down low behind the wheel like a newer sportbike running into a plenum with electronic fuel injection to solve the turbo lag issue!Bob doesnt like turbos or fuel injection,but i figure when the boost is turned down i wont have the overheating issues i would have with a big bore high compression big cammed carbed engine i would have to build to compete with it!i thought putting the turbo up front would give it a nice supply of cold air,instead of sucking hot air from around the motor.and i think a set of gpz 1100 injectors will help with the lag issues,but i am going to use aftermarket computer and hardware with it.and when thats not enough ill just turn up the boost till things start to break,ten back it off a quarter turn!(ha-ha) i suppose nitrous is o.k for some people,but i was taught if you cant do it on the motor,build a bigger motor!theres some fast bikes out there on the bottle,but what do you do when the bottle runs dry?i saw an old dodge dart dragcar on a trailer heading south on hwy 75 by plattsmouth many years ago.it was nothing but rubber from side to side with a dana60 thirdmember in between,but the decklid said it all!NITROUS IS FOR PUSSIES! i would of loved to see what was in it,but my old worktruck didnt have enough ball to keep up with him!

Rake Services 30 Nov 2005 20:37 #11189

• solomrus
  • User
wire, i hear you on that plan.

i've been tossing around going with a blow thru, intercooled, injected system as well. i'd run the mega squirt, and go to town.

problem is that you lose the compact design of the draw thru.

with the right turbine on there, you could have it spool nice and quick. with more displacement you get more gas to spin that thing. would be a stump puller fo-sho.

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Rake Services 30 Nov 2005 22:15 #11217

• wireguy
  • User
im trying to get a hold of a guy in illinos who has a kawasaki dragbike with a 10" car tire for sale,got email from his wife.im gonna try calling him today sometime to get more details and decide if i want to drive to chicago to look at it!the damn things follow me home like lost dogs!so whats one more?give me a call if you want cruise to chicago to check it out maybe we can take bob with us

Rake Services 02 Dec 2005 06:46 #11413

• solomrus
  • User
man, i'd like to roll with you, but i'm busy for the next couple weeks. sounds like a fun road trip.

i'll try to call you this weekend, but it probably won't be until sunday. i'm going down to KC to throw my car on the dyno and do some tuning. should be fun.

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Rake Services 04 Dec 2005 17:25 #11789

• henrymski
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
...and now back to our regularly scheduled question: I can't recommend any one near you but I do know that the member here PugZ, who is in southern/middle of Illinois should be able to help you out.

• Page: