Butchered Mikunis, on the search for new ones - Kz1000LTD 1981

More
09 Jun 2024 14:08 - 09 Jun 2024 14:10 #900519 by cartal
Guys,I come from here  , where I am rebuilding a completely destroyed 1981 kz1000LTD. The latest misery, has been carbs. When everything was ready to go, I noticed one of the mixture needles was sheared. As I tried to take it off, I managed to destroy my carbs in the process.  I am looking for a set of carbs. I need a sound carb structure, even incomplete, as I have my set of carbs to take parts from. I will post now in the "wanted" section, but if someone reads this, please contact me at cartal at gmail DOT com.I have located a set, please see pictures, but I notice a difference. My carbs don´t have this "triangle" part. Any ideas? Will it fit? Thank you in advance! 

Attachment not found

Last edit: 09 Jun 2024 14:10 by cartal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2024 00:53 #900539 by Wookie58
Hi Carlos, I believe these are "enrichment valves" (kind of like a basic accelerator pump) fitted to the "J" and "R1/R2 ELR" I don't see any reason these wouldn't work for you

The following user(s) said Thank You: cartal, howardhb

More
10 Jun 2024 01:17 #900540 by Wookie58
The following user(s) said Thank You: asphalt900, sf4t7, cartal

More
10 Jun 2024 01:27 #900541 by asphalt900
Sorry to see that broken casting! But unfortunately a seemingly common issue with these BS34's. Persons pull off the plug and environmental conditions prevail leading to corrosion in casting threads. The ones you've been eye-balling will. like Wookie mentioned, work just fine. I like them, have used them on several rebuilds over the years. I like the "air-cut" feature on each carb casting unique to these, kinda stifles the afterfire. But..beware..because each carb has one of those diaphragms and they can be pin-holed. From memory they are about 80.00USD ea OEM.  And like any used bank of carbs, those shown may have their fuel screws stuck too? Just never know and few vendors these days will waste the time to check for you before the sale. I see you are outside the US. I have a set of each style but shipping these days can be a hinderance. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: cartal, howardhb, Wookie58

More
10 Jun 2024 05:42 #900546 by cartal
Thank you Asphalt. Actually my sister lives in Maryland, and she or her kids come over quite frequently to Spain; so shipping would not be a
problem…
if it is ok to ship to Maryland :-).

perhaps we can speak in private. My mail is cartal at gmail dot com

thank you!

More
10 Jun 2024 16:07 #900578 by asphalt900
Carlos seems there's another gent that has a working set for you too! Mine have a batch of replated bits that you may not want to dish-out for? I'll dig them puppies out earlier tomorrow and have you get a look. I'm spent, just got thru mowing my back yard, 11acres.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cartal

More
06 Jul 2024 14:22 #901835 by cartal
Asphalt, thank you so much for your offering. I closed the deal with Jim in the other "wanted" thread. Just wanted to reach out and tell you how much I did appreciate your help.

Cheers.

Carlos 
The following user(s) said Thank You: asphalt900

More
08 Jul 2024 03:46 #901881 by asphalt900
Excellent to hear!! Good Luck.