Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 01 Jun 2007 21:38 #145629

• kawtoy
  • kawtoy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
As some of you know I run some ads in the local classifieds and online looking for bikes. I buy them just to flip them. I got a call from a cute little olf lady tonight. She sounded about maybe 70, very southern and dramatic. SHe was a hoot to talk to. She has a 82 KZ550 LTD that she want s to get rid of. It was her husbands and he passed 3 years ago. She said it has been bored out but I could tell she didn't know what that meant. She then said some stuff that I have a hard time believing. She said it was very fast and would do 160mph (maybe if strapped to a rocket). She said she was on the back once when they raced and beat a Ninja. She also said it would "stand on it's end" easily. SHe talked about how her husband was a professional engine builder and really built this bike for speed. I have no idea what to expect. I enjoyed talking to her, talked for over an hour about the bike and life in general. She has the title but it is no good because when her husband bought it the title was signed over to him but never notorized (KY law). The last owner would have to do the paperwork and he refuses to help her out. That is why she called me. The guy said he wants the bike bike for free. She told him to take a flying leap. She said she would like $400 but I told her that I could not give her that much. She said just come look at it and we could work something out. I think she would rather see me use it instead of the guy they bought it from. If it is nice I will just find a titled frame and go from there. Usually I would try to get it for $50 or so but I think I will give her $200 because she sounds like she could use the money. It was a neat call and I look foward to checking the bike out on Sunday.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 01 Jun 2007 23:10 #145633

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
if it turns out to be a really nice/fast bike or a bigger 900 or 1000 make sure you pay her what its worth, the karma gods look down on people who screw old ladies over.
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 06:52 #145657

• kawtoy
  • User
She knew enough about the bike so I am sure she is right about it being a 550. I think she was reading off the title when she told me about it cause she had the VIN and all. I told her I had a 1000 and she said to be carefull because the 550 is much lighter and might jump up and bite me. I had to laugh a little on the inside. She sounded so cute and sweet I didn't have the heart to argue with her.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 07:57 #145669

• z1rick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Out here in CA. if you have the bike for a while, you could claim it was abandoned and get the title, or claim you were storing it on your property and the PO owes back rent, put a lean on it and secure title that way.
Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 08:11 #145673

• Rich
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Sounds intriguing, keep us posted.

I have a friend here in town with a nice little Honda that he did exactly that; filed for a title after a renter of his abandoned it. Took about a year if I remember, but it's a very nice litt;e bike and he putters around town on it now.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 09:50 #145683

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
kawtoy wrote:

... had to laugh a little on the inside. She sounded so cute and sweet I didn't have the heart to argue with her.

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 11:10 #145692

• kawtoy
  • User
Grandma looks scary. Wait a minute. Look at her hands. Now way those are her hands. They look like the hands of a NFL lineman.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 17:21 #145758

• kawtoy
  • User
Well I bought the 550. Looks to be in real good shape. Paint is very nice as is the chrome. DOes not run but the carbs and cylinders are free. Inside the tank is ugly but I didn't see any rust. I spent 2 hours with the owner. She was only 55 but she is disabled and can't do much for herself. After I got the bike out of the shed I did some odd jobs for her. I went up the street and got her mail. I moved 4 huge old love seat out of the shed and to the curb. Her cat had gone a few days without wet food and was pissed so she asked me to go to the store and get her some cat food since no one had been around to drive her to the store. I took her garbage out for her and looked at a problem she was having with her truck. I spent a few hours listening about her husband, her diablilites and life in general. I could tell she was just happy to have someone to talk to. I got the bike for $200 which was less than she wanted but I think it is fair, maybe too high because it has not title and does not run. If I had bought it from some young, healthy guy I would have given more than $100 for it but I am glad I could help her out bit. She really wanted it out of the shed so she could have more room so she was happy with the $200. I will get it running and then go from there.

Post edited by: N0NB, at: 2007/06/02 22:06

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 17:53 #145762

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
  • Thank you received: 11
Nice find Shane, how many miles is it showing? With all the grunt work you did and all the mental health assistance you provided I'd say she owes you some money.:P

Too bad this wasn't last year you could have flipped it to the MOMBA crew at Mid Ohio. Looks at least as good as the Virago and WG probably won't give you as bad a time if you do bring it to Mid Ohio. Just be careful backing up.:laugh:
Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 18:27 #145765

• BSKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
good to see you got it, and helped her out also, me I would have prob gave her what she was asking, just because, but glad to see it will go to someone who will get it up and running
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 18:36 #145766

• kawtoy
  • User
Nah, the Virago was in mint condition. This one is not near as nice but at least it is a Kaw. I glad I didn't have this big trailer last year. That poor virago would have meet it's doom if it got run over by this 1700lb trailer.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 20:33 #145793

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
good score, and good score on karma from helping her out.

bike looks nice, and thats the first windshild i'v seen on a kaw that hasent disgusted me, looks good.

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/02 23:34
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

• Page: