Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 02 Jun 2007 21:00 #145798

• kawtoy
  • kawtoy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I am with you on the windshield. I usually hate them but this one is not bad at all. It is universal but looks like it was made for this bike. I will get a better pic of it tomorrow. I will take it off for everyday riding but put it on if I am going on the highway at all. That is assuming I keep the bike. I do not need another bike but I have some friends and a cousin that need a bike so one of them might end up with it.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 03 Jun 2007 14:40 #145942

• kawtoy
  • User
Are are a few more after I got it cleaned up. I acid washed the tank and got al the crap out of it. Added fresh gas, jumped it off my truck and she fired right up on the first try. I did not even lean the carbs yet. Not too bad for a bike that sat for the last 3 years. It needs a battery, the float valves need to be cleaned (it is peeing out the overflow tubes) and I need a left sidecover. I didn't ride it cause the battery is bad but it does go thru the gears and the brakes work fine. No smoke, no funny sounds. Bike sounds stock so I think she was talking out of her ass when she said that is had been bored out. Maybe it was bored 10 thou or something when he rebuilt the eninge. SHe cleaned up pretty well. Paint is very very nice. She will be a good bike for someone.
tinyurl.com/2jhznj
tinyurl.com/2nvf3o
tinyurl.com/34txff
tinyurl.com/2rnfbk
tinyurl.com/2l3aak
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 03 Jun 2007 14:51 #145950

• kawsakiman
  • User
hey shane, i'll take that windshield off your hands if you want.
let me know.

btw, good looking out for the lady and her cat.
the karma gods are happy with you!

Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2007/06/03 17:52
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 03 Jun 2007 14:58 #145951

• kawtoy
  • User
Is the person that ends up with the bike does not want it, you will have first dibs. We are moving to Rochester in August so I can bring it with me.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 03 Jun 2007 19:16 #146032

• mbsween
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Moving to Rochester? Who does that these days :laugh:

Thats makes at least three of us then. You guys should join ne and the crew at Mid-Ohio for AMA vintage days. Its a hoot.

Nice score kawtoy, looks to be a decent runner

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 03 Jun 2007 20:20 #146059

• kawtoy
  • User
We go every year. Jeff from z1enterprises gets us booths and we all bring stuff to sell. You can find us against the fence where the golf cart rental is, space numbers 4,5 and 6 I think. You will see Jeff's big white tent and z1enterprises sign. 3 of us have booths together and we have about 15 members or so that stop by and hang out. Roy-b-boy, Gringo, Jeff Saunders, Wired George, Canyon Dancer, and many others hang out. We BBQ, have cold drinks, tell lies and swap parts. Stop by for some shade, a seat and some good company. Everyone is welcome.

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 04 Jun 2007 03:27 #146100

• mbsween
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Cool,
can't believe I've missed you guys the last 9 years or so.

I'll see you there

Got a interesting KZ for sale call tonight 04 Jun 2007 06:21 #146128

• kawtoy
  • User
I have only been there for the last 3 years. I will never miss it again though now that I know what it is all about. It is the one weekend out of the year that is non negotiable. My wife knows I am going and that is that. She gets her way the other 51 weekends though :( A few weeks before the event I will be posting a list asking anyone that will be there to give me their name and number so we can hook up. It is nice also incase someone gets a flat, gets lost, needs help loading a bike or anything like that.

• Page: