Started farting around with the bodywork now that I have it all down of the shelf and complete. PMC for the Z1R side cover badges. I had nothing to go off other than photos so just took an educated stab in the dark at positioning the badges lol.
Attachment not found
.........and just because it was killiing me I fitted the brackets inside the fairing and fitted it just for a look.
I am not generally the selfie type of bloke but once I had put all the bodywork on and then held the screen up I had to show you how happy I was!
While I'm on the happy buzz I just have to say how stoked I am with the paint work. Line work is awesome and really sharp. You'd never guess it was done with a tape and a gun. All cut and polished and not a lump, bump, or raised pinstripe to feel. I know the stripes aren't original being painted on and they are a touch wider, but man I love it!
Hi all, me again. Got the seat back from the auto trimmers today. It has come out pretty good and considering the shitty base that it had to be stuck too. Only complaint would be that the front of the seat where the seat butts up to the tank has curve down rather than running straight into the tank (hope that makes sense). Pondering whether or not to take it back and get it straightened up, haven't made up my mind yet. Think I'll sleep on it. Yes, I know... the strap buckle is black! I like black lol.
I had the same issue on both the seat covers I made. The way I overcame it was to add more foam there, like way more than you think you need. That way when you pull the seat cover tight it compresses the foam to where you actually want it.