Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 21 Sep 2021 10:37 #855589

• Dr. Gamma
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 664
Many years ago the shop I worked at the owner was going through a nasty divorce. We were sitting around after hours one night enjoying a few adult beverages when the owner's big buck lawyer walked in. He wanted to have a private conversation with my boss. The lawyer looked at me like he wanted me to leave. My boss said don't worry about him so those two started talking.

The lawyer basically said it would be a hell of a lot cheaper for him just to hire a hitman!!!!!!! When I heard that I almost choked on my beer and I said I am out of here!!!!

Few months later his now ex-wife's car backfired and blew her through the roof.....................
1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 13 Dec 2021 07:21 #858997

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 292
Got a ride home last week from a tow truck driver (wife's minivan broke down).  We started talking about bikes and he said he used to own a 1976 KZ900 that he inherited from his father.
He said he had taken it apart to restore it and it was sitting apart in garage and his wife sold it to someone 2 or 3 years ago for $300.  Well he said that was the last straw and now he is divorced.

1978 KZ 1000B (73 tribute)
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1976 Honda Elsinore MT250
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 13 Dec 2021 12:49 #859003

• Dr. Frankenstein
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
I spent ten years in a relationship and subsequent marriage that never should have happened. As the saying goes, "it doesn't matter who you marry as you're sure to find out the next day they're someone else."    Anyway, the night everything folded, I had loaded all my stuff in the back of my truck, shut the front door behind me for the last time and got behind the wheel. It was a rainy, cold night, and as I sat there with my hands on the wheel watching the rain course down the windshield wondering where I was going to go and what I was going to do, like a bolt of lightning the thought hit me: 

"Wait!  I'm SINGLE AGAIN!! I can do whatever the EFF I want!!   WOOOO-HOOOO!!" and drove happily off into the night...she was HIS problem now! I never looked back - not on the drive away or the years to come. Best decision I ever made. I got my official divorce papers in the mail on Christmas Eve, too! It was the one thing I REALLY wanted that year.  I even let her keep the three grand she owed me as listed in the divorce decree and considered it money well spent.  Oh, the stories I could tell you of what we put up with and fought our way through - but luckily I've been with my current wife for over 17 years now, and life with her has been great! 

FWIW, one of the things I did after my divorce, and before I met Barbara, was I drew up a List of 'Ten Things You Need to Know About Me' and put it in a little frame on the wall - ten heartfelt, the top ten True things about me and what I liked and like to do, and if anybody had a problem with ANY of them, they didn't need to be there. I met Barbara five years later; she was cool with everything on the list, and life has been great so far! :))

Life is WAYY too short to be unhappy.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: ghostdive

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 13 Dec 2021 18:16 #859036

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
"She use to be so nice, take the long way home"   (Supertramp) 
Steve

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 14 Dec 2021 00:37 #859045

• Dr. Frankenstein
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
More like my man Sam:

Sam Kinison on Marriage - YouTube

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 14 Dec 2021 02:49 #859046

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245
My folks split up in '79, my Pops kept his Z1b (bought new) and I acquired it around 1996.  Still own it.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

• Page: