TOPIC:

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 06 May 2021 12:12 #848096

• FaultedGeologist
  • FaultedGeologist's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • The truly educated never graduate...
  • Thank you received: 7
Survivor: 1980 KZ750 LTD.

I just went through a surprise divorce that was more than welcome on the terms we set at marriage...  but as most women go... I am glad I got the bike and BMX collection out early. A couple I built for her were in the divorce papers! Meh... 

Ready for the carb swap. Hope to ride tonight! Look forward to the inevitable problems that lay ahead..

Stories! Post em up!
Clint a.k.a. Faulted Geologist
1980 KZ750 LTD H4
FSMaunual: kz.bike-night.com/media/GPz750-full.pdf
Stock except for:
New chain and sprocket (530?).
Dynatek Ignition

NO PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVERS!!
kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/603905-new-member-kz750-1984-project#742729
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 06 May 2021 12:23 #848098

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892
You are such a kind of a lucky guy...

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 07 May 2021 05:01 #848138

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I just went through a surprise divorce that was more than welcome on the terms we set at marriage...  but as most women go... I am glad I got the bike and BMX collection out early. A couple I built for her were in the divorce papers! Meh... 

You discussed the rules of marriage in the beginning then years later your wife wanted to change the rules ?
How long were you married ?
Happy to hear you kept your bikes.

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 07 May 2021 05:46 #848140

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 595
slmjim married the wrong girl for all the wrong reasons when I was fa\r too young & immature to even consider marriage.  slmjim already had his new '74 Z1-A for just a couple of years when we met.  She didn't care about it when we divorced .  Funny thing; that Z1-A outlasted that marriage & many more girls for a few decades until slmjim & Z1BEBE met.  We did lots of courtin' & sparkin' on that bike.  It now has immense sentimental value for both of us, as does the '75 Z1-B we bought for Z1BEBE as our second Z1 in the early 1990's not long after we were married.

Someone told slmjim that HD offers an 'ex-wife'/post-divorce bike service to check for sabotage.  DK if it's true.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 07 May 2021 18:13 #848194

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373

Someone told slmjim that HD offers an 'ex-wife'/post-divorce bike service to check for sabotage.  DK if it's true.

I kept my KZ650 after the divorce.
Had it before the marriage started.
Longest I've had anything.
Going on 37 years with the KZ. 
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Last edit: by rstnick.

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 26 Aug 2021 18:33 #854395

• Lord Osis
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
when I divorced in 1982 the first thing I did was go out and buy a 1982 GPz 550, I had planned to do this for over a year ever since I rode a friends 1981, so I saved a little here and there in cash (any savings would likely have been split 50/50) and eventually had enough to buy it within weeks of the divorce becoming official

funny thing is when I went to pick it up the salesman had gone to lunch at a bar about a block away, since I was excited to get my bike, and had gone on my lunch break and needed to get back to work ASAP I went to the bar and found the salesman who was just finishing eating and said he had to go to the bathroom and would then go back to the store with me, so I sat at his table to wait for him, while sitting there a young woman came and sat down and began talking to me and in the course of conversation said in her work she comes across a lot of hundred dollar bills, I had over two dozen of them stashed in my boot ( the bar was in the area, Lake street,  that was burned out in the recent BLM riots, and was even seedier back then), just then the salesman came back and said lets get going,  and when I told him what had happened he said "damn hookers can smell cash" or something similar.

I still own the bike

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 28 Aug 2021 09:50 #854456

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1021
Interesting story.  I thought you were going to say she became your wife!
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 28 Aug 2021 17:27 #854484

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
Some pictures would be nice.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 01 Sep 2021 14:47 #854694

• Lord Osis
  • User
This reminded me of something you all may find funny.
Shortly after buying the bike a fellow rider at work said lets go for a ride Friday after work, there is a bar with cheap drinks, free food, and strippers. I'm in I told him, and another co-worker heard about it, not a biker, and asked if we minded if he meet us there along with a HS friend of his who we had met before.
Now this friend was a bit odd, he didn't drink, and had never kissed a girl or even gone on a date, and likely had never seen a nakid woman in the flesh before (likely a lot of pics though, LOL) I didn't think too much about it, when we got there we all sat along the runway and ordered a drink, he didn't even sip his.
The first stripper came out and she had manacles on her wrists with chains to her manacled ankles. She strutted one pass on the runway and then made a beeline for this odd friend. She removed the manacles from her ankles and attached them to this guys wrists, then turned around and acted like his love slave.We each in turn put out a dollar for him and he was mesmerized by the show.We kind of laughed about it, and me and my biker buddy left a short time later to go riding.
When I got to work on Monday the co-worker who had brought the odd friend said “you are not going to believe this”Then he proceeded to tell us about how this guy not only has that stripper living with him, and is her body guard when she works, her friend is also living with him in his house whom he inherited from his parents, the guy was the typical live in the basement do nothing 30 year old.
I met the guy a few weeks later and he was all pimped out, sunglasses, hair slicked back, in black leather and talking like one too. If I hadn't previously known him I would have thought he had been balling hundreds of girls since he was 14.
I'm not sure how it all ended, we lost contact because he was suddenly too cool to hang around guys like us. Not to mention the fact that the guy we met him through, his wife forbid him to even talk to the guy let alone hang out with him anymore.

So I guess there is hope fellas. No matter how low you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Street Fighter LTD

Last edit: by Lord Osis.

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 02 Sep 2021 05:37 #854730

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
I know a guy that had it all, great wife, kids, beautiful house, the toys and a very successful business.
Lost it all because he knocked up a  Vegas stripper.
I'm sure he came very close to ending up in a shallow grave on top of that.
That was 20 years ago, every once in a while I see him  out trying to hustle work and it is really sad to see where he is at now.
78 KZ1000 A2A

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 02 Sep 2021 18:17 #854754

• azman857
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 111
I was given a Yamaha XJ600 Seca II that was a victem of a divorce. It was a "get it out of here" situation. Left side controls wires were cut. I spliced wires back togethter and carb cleaned and whatever else needed  to get it going again. Rode it a few years. Fun bike.
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

Divorce Survivor Bike Thread 21 Sep 2021 09:20 #855583

• Lord Osis
  • User

I know a guy that had it all, great wife, kids, beautiful house, the toys and a very successful business.
Lost it all because he knocked up a  Vegas stripper.
I'm sure he came very close to ending up in a shallow grave on top of that.
That was 20 years ago, every once in a while I see him  out trying to hustle work and it is really sad to see where he is at now.

sounds like two guys I know, both had businesses worth millions, the one guy had to split 6 million with his ex, then the gold digger he knocked up took half of what was left PLUS he had to pay both of them child support

the other guy was the 0riginal owner of .. maybe I just better say a company for aftermarket accessories for Harley Davidson's

the road up is usually faster down

• Page: