• JMKZHI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Dec 2006 07:29 - 22 Feb 2013 11:49 #99294 by JMKZHI
. was created by JMKZHI
=
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 11:49 by JMKZHI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
13 Dec 2006 07:59 #99299 by Pterosaur
Replied by Pterosaur on topic Snowmobile saddlebags on a KZ?
Why not?

Pretty much anything can be slung over a KZ if you think out the erstwhile possibilites beforehand.

A bit of *problematic* experience behind that statement:

Some years back, a wag had given me a set of those cheap-ass leather substitute sling-overs and I'd shoehorned 'em on to 'Ole Red depicted in the gallery.

Back from a long road trip, and too lazy to lose the damned things - though hitting a deer and still sporting a wrist-brace might have had something to do with it - I got the bike back on the road and tore off to visit this redhead I hadn't seen for umpteen thousand miles.

Ah. That Redhead. Ms. Chipper. But I digress.

Anyways, while digging around in the right bag for some odd bit of junk, I neglected to notice that the industrial-sized can of Fix-A-Flat I'd carried for the aforementioned umpteen thousand had migrated to the bottom of the bag.

Someplace around the intersection of No and Where, I'm boating along, and get treated to one hellacious *BANG!* from the right rear, like either I'd blown a tire, or taken an AIM-9 up the pipe. Clenched up and squinting, all set to play dirt bike when me 'n 'Ole Red found the ditch - again... and...

Nothing.

I'm still alive, on two wheels and heading up the road. Though something didn't feel quite kosher to the right rear. A quick look down and back showed the remains of the right bag, flapping in the breeze. Utterly destroyed.

About a quarter mile back, I saw the former contents of the bag scattered all to hell and gone over the road. Amazing how much stuff I'd had jammed in there. The only guy more surprised than me was the old farmer in his pickup that had been treated to a rather unscientific experiment of what happens when a large-sized can of Fix-A-Flat spends about 70 miles perched on top of a Vance & Hines muffler can. It ain't pretty.

So yeah, it can be done - but might want to keep an eye on what goes into the bottom of the bag.

FWIW. :whistle:

More
13 Dec 2006 12:52 #99330 by baldtires
Replied by baldtires on topic Snowmobile saddlebags on a KZ?
how about a doggy backpack like for a collie or a german shepard

More
13 Dec 2006 17:32 #99366 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Snowmobile saddlebags on a KZ?
Here's what I'm using,and they work great.(the top set)
You can seperate them into 2 individual pieces by splitting the velcro belt,that rides over the top of Your seat.A few bungie-cords and You're good to go.
They have expansion zippers also,so if You don't NEED them to be in their biggest size,You simply zip them to shrink them down.
I'm also using their tankbag,and it has the same features...

TEKNIC

Post edited by: Sandy, at: 2006/12/13 20:33

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• JMKZHI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Dec 2006 05:09 - 22 Feb 2013 11:50 #99497 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
=
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 11:50 by JMKZHI.

More
14 Dec 2006 07:48 #99527 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Snowmobile saddlebags on a KZ?
Actually,I have custom signals on My bike.They don't stick out quite as much as the factory ones,and the bags just clear them.
I'm not sure how they would be with factory lights,but they ARE adjustable.
You can always use bungie cords to pull them to the rear of the bike to keep them away from the signals.
Just remember...nothing like that is made to fit these bikes perfectly,so You'll always have to do SOME modifying.B) :huh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• JMKZHI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Dec 2006 08:22 - 22 Feb 2013 11:50 #99533 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
=
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 11:50 by JMKZHI.