Paint protection?

More
03 Dec 2005 09:43 #11575 by mykznme
Replied by mykznme on topic Paint protection?
i agree with john on this one. about the only thing worthwhile that comes out of the factory is the sealer/primer. ever heard of the kawasaki fade?
my bike is showing the first signs of it at 9661 miles.
ive known the original owner for a very long time and i know this bike was garage kept most of its life so the factory paint cant be all that great.

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2005 15:15 #11612 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Paint protection?
You're not happy about the factory paint? Try a repaint and see how long it lasts. LOL. As John said of course the preparation and right type of paint ect, are the key and a fantastic repaint is very possible but not the norm. I suppose the paint business is kind of like any other business. 99% of people will always shop for the "lowest price" which is ALWAYS the GREAT DEAL. Go to a cheap paint shop or better yet go to K-Mart and do it yourself. Cheap=USA consumers basically and cheap=crap=99% of repaints. You get what you pay for basically in this World.
mykznme wrote:

i agree with john on this one. about the only thing worthwhile that comes out of the factory is the sealer/primer. ever heard of the kawasaki fade?
my bike is showing the first signs of it at 9661 miles.
ive known the original owner for a very long time and i know this bike was garage kept most of its life so the factory paint cant be all that great.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
05 Dec 2005 17:55 #11934 by mykznme
Replied by mykznme on topic Paint protection?
RonKZ650 wrote:

You're not happy about the factory paint? Try a repaint and see how long it lasts. LOL. As John said of course the preparation and right type of paint ect, are the key and a fantastic repaint is very possible but not the norm. I suppose the paint business is kind of like any other business. 99% of people will always shop for the "lowest price" which is ALWAYS the GREAT DEAL. Go to a cheap paint shop or better yet go to K-Mart and do it yourself. Cheap=USA consumers basically and cheap=crap=99% of repaints. You get what you pay for basically in this World.

in fact im pricing my repaint right now.
im going with a three step, no rattler on my bike. ill post pics ass soon as i start.

the best protection is wax.
better to see the gas eat your wax then your clear

R.I.P. Odd Ivar