New Back End .......Better or Worse????

• pstrbrc
  • User
  • '81 GPz 1100 project
More
08 Sep 2006 10:22 #75295 by pstrbrc
Replied by pstrbrc on topic New Back End .......Better or Worse????
where d'ja get the new tail? Did you make it? If you did, how?

\'81 GPz 1100 project
Elkhart, Kansas USA
\"Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.\" Groucho Marx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2006 16:59 #75741 by HENRYJ
Ok-
I thought long and hard and the fiberglass backend needed too much work. So here is rearend #3, modeled after dutchz bike. Along with the aluminum tail goes a polished tank (still in progress). So the question is posed again - origional rear 1 (and matching tank) or newest rear 3 (and matching tank)?

Post edited by: HENRYJ, at: 2006/09/10 20:07
Attachments:

More
10 Sep 2006 17:03 #75745 by HENRYJ
Attachments:

More
10 Sep 2006 17:04 #75746 by HENRYJ
Attachments:

More
10 Sep 2006 17:13 #75751 by kawsakiman
#2 looks terrible!and just to make sure you never use it, i think you should send it to me.(i promise i will not use it!:evil: )

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
10 Sep 2006 17:16 #75754 by mykznme
coming from an unbiased P.O.V. i think it looks good but it needs to be 1/2-3/4" lower to match the curve of the tank.

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

More
11 Sep 2006 05:37 #75841 by cary
want to sell your old seat? PM me

More
13 Sep 2006 11:30 #76442 by requiem
gosh, i like number three a hell of a lot more than number one. then again, i'm a buell fan, haha. i really like number three, but you need to jack the back shocks and drop the front so that the handlebars are slightly closer to level with the tail... it would absolutely kick ass then. number three rocks... KEEP POSTING PICTURES, this bike is exciting!!

More
13 Sep 2006 12:04 #76456 by RonKZ650
I like before better. One question though, since repaints are generally "much better than original", how come gas spilled on the paint and ate it? Wouldn't have happened to the original Kawasaki paint. Repaint is the way to go, but everything that touches it means another paintjob? I still don't understand and never will I guess. I don't have the time and inclination to repaint every time I fill up with gas, every time it rains, every time a bird craps on the tank ect.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
13 Sep 2006 12:25 #76469 by ambergrismooon
Count me in as a before vote. I think it's hard to better the orig tail design esp the 650's. But I do like it up like a spoiler too. And my sorry old butt would pain me greatly if I parked it on that seat for any extended riding. But thats why there are so many flavors of ice cream. 2 each their own. The before was one of my favorite 650's on the site.:(

More
13 Sep 2006 14:58 #76509 by mykznme
RonKZ650 wrote:

I like before better. One question though, since repaints are generally "much better than original", how come gas spilled on the paint and ate it? Wouldn't have happened to the original Kawasaki paint. Repaint is the way to go, but everything that touches it means another paintjob? I still don't understand and never will I guess. I don't have the time and inclination to repaint every time I fill up with gas, every time it rains, every time a bird craps on the tank ect.

for the last time, a properly applied 2 part repaint will be just as solid as anything that comes from the factory.
gas eats rattlecan paint because it lacks the required catalyst.
if they made rattlecan paint with the proper ammount of hardner it wouldnt last on the shelf a week.

why is it so hard to believe that the paint of today is inferior to paint from 30 years ago.
wait wait i can answer this oneB)
30 years ago they used lead based and laquers.
both of wich have been all but outlawed.
however the advancement in paint tech allows for more options with creativity, is half as hazerdous, a bit more eco freindly and just as if not more durable.

seriously ron, get off your high horse.
just because you have immaculate 30 yr old paint DOES NOT mean that all bikes do.
not only are you being EXTREMELY repetitive, but in a sense your takin food off my plate. stfu already
:evil:

sorry all for the rant but this is getting old.

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

More
13 Sep 2006 16:18 #76538 by RonKZ650
Fair enough, I'll try my best to keep my mouth shut. It's mighty tough to do on this subject for me because I just hate repaints so intensely it brings my blood to a boil every time I read about one, let alone look at them. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.