• Page:

TOPIC:

Spraying Blue Metallic 30 Nov 2019 08:17 #814761

• bluej58
  • bluej58's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
I want to get my sons 78 Kz650 back on the road, it has been sitting for several years since it was recovered from being stolen in Berkeley.
The perp stripped it down, painted it black and hacked up the main wire harness.
I can get it running again but my son won't ride it again unless it is back in stock paint, I'm no painter and I don't want to waste a bunch of expensive material, so it's a very slow process
This guy makes it look easy.

78 KZ1000 A2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bluej58.

Spraying Blue Metallic 30 Nov 2019 09:15 #814764

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2675
Nice video.

Some of those pro's are so good it's almost annoying. Having the proper equipment, something most of us hobbyist can't claim, makes it way easier though. Some years back I had full access to a professional paint shop after hours and it was truly a pleasure to paint then. I've sprayed metallics before and they are not overly difficult. I've done both two stage and three and other than the extra step, both were equal in terms of difficulty. Main thing with metallic's is to lay down the base coat evenly. If you get too wet in some areas and dry in others the metallic flakes may lay down differently. Even if so with a motorcycle it might not be noticeable since the surface area is small. Anyway, good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: