Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1976 KZ900 LTD Yellow Witness or Quality Control Paint Markings 06 Nov 2019 06:15 #813623

• reallybigboat
  • reallybigboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm putting the final touches on a very nice KZ900 LTD. I am attempting to duplicate the factory yellow paint 'witness marks' or 'quality control' markings. These are small areas of yellow paint on critical areas of connection/torque such as brake line fitting to brake calipers, triple tree clamps, front axle to lower fork tube mounting, carb screws, etc. It is my understanding that during final inspection, these marks were applied by the QC inspectors. On my original 1974 H1E, I can see the yellow paint marks in all the right locations. My question is, did the 1976 KZ900 LTD have these witness marks? I have found traces of yellow paint on the screws to carb shaft, but that's all I can find. I have searched these forums with no luck and researched many pictures of 900 LTD's with no luck. I can find pictures of Z1's witness marks, but none for the 900 LTD. Would other owners of KZ900 LTD's be so kind so kind to look at theirs and let me know where the witness marks can be found. I just want to recreate the originality of this wonderful machine and need your help. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1976 KZ900 LTD Yellow Witness or Quality Control Paint Markings 06 Nov 2019 07:48 #813629

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
I suspect they were placed there to detect tampering for warranty issues. The only places I remember them being there was on the carb linkage. Maybe other places but that was so long ago and my memory isn't as good as it use to be.
Steve

1976 KZ900 LTD Yellow Witness or Quality Control Paint Markings 06 Nov 2019 11:00 #813634

• reallybigboat
  • reallybigboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you Steve. I appreciate your input!

1976 KZ900 LTD Yellow Witness or Quality Control Paint Markings 06 Nov 2019 15:53 #813651

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
Like Steve, I've only ever seen marks on the carbs.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: reallybigboat

1976 KZ900 LTD Yellow Witness or Quality Control Paint Markings 07 Nov 2019 02:43 #813661

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1969

hardrockminer wrote: Like Steve, I've only ever seen marks on the carbs.

DITTO

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: reallybigboat

• Page: