kz650b Kawasaki tank logo

More
26 Oct 2015 19:45 #696097 by blink543
kz650b Kawasaki tank logo was created by blink543
I noticed my tank has a Kawasaki logo on each side one is screwed on but the other doesn't have screws to hold it on. Maybe it's some double sided sticky tape? I'm not sure. Its a dumb question but how should I paint these things?

Adam james

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2015 16:15 #696180 by rinferno
Replied by rinferno on topic kz650b Kawasaki tank logo
I have an 82 gpz 750, repainted the whole bike. My emblems were held with screws, i think 2 or 2.5mm screws dia. by 4-6 mm length. My emblems were glued on from previous owner. Drilled out old screws, work from small bit to around the correct size and re-threaded with new screws. One hole wast too big, I used JB weld in the hole with on wrap of teflon tape on screw inserted in in JB epoxy for that hole, let cure over night, works great. Another option would be to use double sided tape Home Depot has some high strength tape, i used on my rear fender logo, as the factory was doubled sided tape, looked good. Hope this helps

1982 gpz 750

More
28 Oct 2015 10:05 - 28 Oct 2015 10:50 #696298 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic kz650b Kawasaki tank logo
To paint the emblems you can use Testors model kit paint & a brush. Alternatively, a method I use is to spray paint them in steps: apply grease to act as a masking tape, spray a color, such as black, let it dry to the touch then wipe off the grease. Let the black dry thoroughly, then do it again for the next color. It only takes a very slight amount of grease to keep the paint from sticking --- I just barely touch the grease to get a little on my finger, then pat the stuff onto the raised areas etc. If the emblems are nicked up too much, it's harder to get good results. A hybrid way would be to spray the black but apply the other colors using a brush. Whatever method you choose the job is kinda tedious.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2015 10:50 by martin_csr.