NOS seat

More
14 Feb 2015 06:37 #661587 by toolmaker
Replied by toolmaker on topic NOS seat

RonKZ650 wrote: Good for you. I've got some nice stuff on ebay bidding on it, but lost a lot too by 1 bid. I remember when Ebay started, there was no buy it now option, all items were bid on up til the last second, and back then they charged a listing fee for every item on there. So back then you may search on KZ650 for example and there would be 100 or so items, all auction. Now search on KZ650 and there are 106,000 items, of which 105,990 are buy it now for 8x what it's worth. No listing fee, so list everything, bolts, nuts, worn out clutch cables, ect. I wish it was the way it was. You caught one auction, the way it was, the high bidder wins. Cool.

I used to buy a lot of parts on fleabay years ago when it was the way you describe - but not any more. Do you think this is why they are in trouble?
I guess it is time to start putting them together.....

I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Feb 2015 08:10 #661588 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic NOS seat
It's typical. When a company/country is in trouble it starts feeding off it's own people. Sellers are dropping out, Chinese goods are taking over, you can't communicate with them, buyers getting screwed and eBay grabs all the money it can. The CEO retired last year, now it is not an American company. Pay Pal separated because of illegal money issues. It seems to be doomed.
Steve

More
14 Feb 2015 13:53 #661606 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic NOS seat
Never knew it was in any trouble - always try and get stuff from within this country and only ever bought real simple cheap stuff from China like batteries and a few led bulbs and they are all good - must have been lucky
Mostly look and buy from bike wreckers worldwide and never a problem of course - be sad if they started screwing us
Mick.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Feb 2015 14:56 #661612 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic NOS seat
Go to the discussion boards at the bottom of the page. I will never sell anything on eBay again. Right now when I buy something my finger is on the dispute button and I don't leave feed back until I'm sure the item is what they say it is and complete. I see 1/2 engine cases being sold, heads without valves, parts at outrageous prices in hopes someone needs that part and will pay through the nose to get it. If you haven't seen what can happen when a mismatched pair of cases are put in use, spun bearings or worse, cracked case. This shouldn't happen.
Steve