Vintage Top box

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
23 Jan 2015 09:55 #659472 by SWest
Vintage Top box was created by SWest
Well, it looks like I'm in the market for another top box. The one I have the turn signal lens fell off on my road. I didn't notice it until a guy came by I've told time and time again not to come to my house uninvited. He's a flake and mooch. I send him away but he'll come back after a few months to a year like nothing ever happened. :angry: What makes matters worse, he ran over the lens leaving my property! :angry: :angry: :sick: This thing wasn't too expensive $48 delivered and it is smaller than advertised so I adapted a head rest from a junk yard and it looked a lot better but I was still not happy with it.
I'm looking for a vintage box, maybe a Vetter or 80's Kawasaki. Anyone here have one? I found some on eBay but they ether want way too much or a good price but $130-180 shipping. I'm convinced they are hoping it will be bought without noticing the cost of the shipping. Not new there. I've been a buyer and seller on eBay. I know what it costs for shipping. I sold a vintage Skil saw and sent it to New York. 37 lbs/$41 to ship including the box. Not bad. The guy thanked me for "a fine example of a Skil saw". There's no need to GANK people on shipping unless the price was too low. :unsure:
Enough of my rant. I got a great deal here on side box guards and have been impressed by the fairness of the members. That's why the post.
Steve

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
24 Jan 2015 09:25 #659592 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Vintage Top box
Well I'm not so mad at that guy now. I managed to make some lenses out of drop lighting plastic I had laying around. There is a bigger one like this one on eBay. They say, "don't buy this one, it's for a scooter and won't look good on your cruiser". I'll ask if it's made in China, if not I will buy it. I like the lights in the spoiler and they flash two in, two out, over and over. Now I have to get the glue off. Even if the new one IS made in China, I can beef up the inside with fiber glass if need be. Rather have a Vetter though, but if not $115 isn't so bad.

Attachments:

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
24 Jan 2015 09:32 #659593 by SWest
Kinda looks like the clear lenses they sell. Not legal in California. I see a lot of guys getting tickets for them. I want to see the look on the Chicken SHT cop's face when I open the lid and there's no lights and he has to put away his ticket book.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
27 Jan 2015 07:03 #659884 by SWest
Got a reply from mutazu on eBay. At least he's honest. "To the best of our knowledge all our products are manufactured in China". He has HD, Kaw's, Yam's Susie's shown on his ad. The vintage boxes are looking better to me.
Steve