saddlemen "saddle skin" seat cover review..MKII

• Stu Pidasole
  • User
  • if you aint mod'n, you aint rock'n!
More
10 Feb 2011 20:09 - 10 Feb 2011 20:20 #429896 by Stu Pidasole
Replied by Stu Pidasole on topic saddlemen
ill keep my mouth shut and not mention any names. the last time i opened it i got banned. ill just keep dumping thousands into my build since i cannot turn a wrench!

unless its your bike you should keep your mouth shut, or maybe shove something in it if you cant refrain. Whos seat is it? thats right not yours!

seems this forum is just going to sh*t! noone has anything nice to say about anyones projects. andy, i think your seat looks tits, what you paid is your business. someone who has been a member since 2005 with 187 posts should just hang out in the background where they were. know your roll!
Last edit: 10 Feb 2011 20:20 by Stu Pidasole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
10 Feb 2011 20:33 #429900 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic saddlemen
Say it aint so Joe Joe, I would think you got a handfull helping Meds with his furnace pipe build, lol, just kidding but thats some funny sh#t right there, talk about a hijack, this thread has been all over the place tonight, guess why I been a member since 05, got to say sorry to "TRI" thanks for the seat cover info, I won"t be buying one.

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

More
10 Feb 2011 20:45 #429902 by Frankn9
so being a long time member is meaningless unless you also have a high number of posts? We lose out too newbies because we have knowledge and know how to use the search function? don't fault us just because we don't jump on everyones threads to make stupid comments instead of helping out. $7000 is alot of sausage gravy.

• Stu Pidasole
  • User
  • if you aint mod'n, you aint rock'n!
More
10 Feb 2011 20:52 - 10 Feb 2011 21:02 #429903 by Stu Pidasole
Replied by Stu Pidasole on topic saddlemen
at least i try to keep this forum alive, unlike half the "veteran" members here with hardly any posts. i call em floaters. come on over to my build thread. im here to learn. "please proceeed to the cloriphyl".
Last edit: 10 Feb 2011 21:02 by Stu Pidasole.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
10 Feb 2011 23:59 #429911 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic saddlemen "saddle skin" seat cover review..MKII
i aint restoring nothing...i aint no speed channel elvis comb back car auction guy tipping my nose to up the bid on a t-bird.....i dont think the word restore has ever been used in my endless posts....

i am making a bike that i wanna ride and look at...i like buying stuff that is cheap on the wallet and does the trick...

i know of a guy in town that did the seat work for some big hitters...not the pauly crowd either...but i hear he is older and not in good health....plus...i dont need a personal relationship with folks who work on these bikes...or a rolling snap on collection to know what works...i never set out to re-invent the wheel nor claim to be a mechanic of any worth...i can get a non running bike running..i can set up a kz to handle...i can buy the parts needed to make decent looking era kawasaki Z'bike...

i just thought i might give a simple product review and a heads up to the members who might wanna fix that tore up seat and still be able to have change in their wallet from a 100....

sorry this turned into a pissing match....

anyways it's your money and your decision...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• andy9802gt
  • User
  • If it tastes that good, eat it yourself.
More
11 Feb 2011 01:41 #429915 by andy9802gt
Replied by andy9802gt on topic saddlemen "saddle skin" seat cover review..MKII
Sorry tri. lemo and frank, as far as how much money is in my build, do some research and price some parts and you'll get a true idea of how much sausage gravy it takes to totally go through the engine alone to make it a little more reliable. The rest of it is looks but I have replaced almost every nut, bolt and bearing on this bike and I'm willing to go out on a limb and say I ain't the only one on this forum with that much coin tied up. Thanks for the info on the seat cover tri now I'm glad I didn't go the cheap route.

'78 KZ1075 LTD
stage 1 head by Larry Cavanaugh
race built crank by John Pearson
Mikuni rs34's
k410 cams
back cut tranny
8" over D&G swinger
proving once again that age and treachery is better than youth and enthusiasm

More
11 Feb 2011 03:21 #429917 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic saddlemen "saddle skin" seat cover review..MKII
$200 actually seems very reasonable...

$65-$100 plus shipping for a ill made seat cover.
@ Z1, cover and foam $100 plus shipping (unknown quality).

Professionally upholstered seat $200, no shipping... Designed (re-shaped) to your two tone design, well stitched etc... Ya, that's seems like a good deal.

Has anyone priced a Corbin lately, well made, leather, includes pan, ~ $350 Plus shipping... :pinch:

Yup, @ $200, smokin deal.

BTW, that seat looks killer...;)

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
11 Feb 2011 03:55 - 11 Feb 2011 04:06 #429918 by catseye
easy, guys....

I am also looking into this. I found a company called "Dis-Cover" in the UK who offers this cover:

Anyone have any experience with them?

*BTW, I found the "review" on the Saddleman cover helpful and I appreciate the effort. As for the $200 job, that's a pretty good deal for that caliber work. My budget for a seat isn't there (if I can help it) at this time.....

1982 KZ750LTD
1976 BMW R90/6
1982 Honda CBX
Last edit: 11 Feb 2011 04:06 by catseye.

More
11 Feb 2011 13:06 #430001 by Frankn9
the corben seat sucks, its like sittin on a patio block! its heavy also, I went back to the stock LTD seat.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
11 Feb 2011 13:08 #430002 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic saddlemen "saddle skin" seat cover review..MKII
oh so thats why they are all over ebay barely used.......look stupid too.....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
11 Feb 2011 13:14 #430004 by Frankn9
it rubbed the paint off my tank ta boot!

More
21 Feb 2011 11:57 #432406 by conpewter
Replied by conpewter on topic saddlemen "saddle skin" seat cover review..MKII
The first page of this post was very helpful and I'm glad I looked these up before buying. Thanks!