Paint Job on the Cheap

More
03 Dec 2007 13:15 #183696 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic Paint Job on the Cheap
wherever you spray rattle paint it will fade and scratch and chip just when u even look at it. If that trem whatever has no hardner it's junk paint too. It's not worth spraying with cans and or rolling, if u have that much energy and all then get some real paint. Thing is u guys that use the crap will have faded junk and arthritis with nothing to show for it. Because it is has to be done again and again, bout every five minutes. So go ahead and be different if you want, but wouldn't you rather be in a facility where they feed you too and take care of you so you dont learn the bad ways. Define for me "what is cheap"? A person a place in life a thing we do. No! it's bad paint! Bad paints disease!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2007 14:01 #183705 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic Paint Job on the Cheap
nads.com wrote:

wherever you spray rattle paint it will fade and scratch and chip just when u even look at it. If that trem whatever has no hardner it's junk paint too. It's not worth spraying with cans and or rolling, if u have that much energy and all then get some real paint. Thing is u guys that use the crap will have faded junk and arthritis with nothing to show for it. Because it is has to be done again and again, bout every five minutes. So go ahead and be different if you want, but wouldn't you rather be in a facility where they feed you too and take care of you so you dont learn the bad ways. Define for me "what is cheap"? A person a place in life a thing we do. No! it's bad paint! Bad paints disease!

I hear ya!

You won't get an argument from me about the quality of Rustoleum/Tremclad against a good paint job from a shop; we all know there is no comparison...

But some of us just gots to stick our finger in the candle flame to see if it burns...:woohoo:

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
03 Dec 2007 14:32 #183710 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic Paint Job on the Cheap
Tremclad does take a bit of time to dry. It'll be dry to the touch over night but it does take a bit of time to totally harden. Hard to say when it's totally hardened and ready for bits to be put back on. Since I was doing mine piecemeal some of mine was actually there months before I put parts back on. I used to wetsand the next day and then give it a day or two before polishing and waxing.