needs some help

More
06 Apr 2007 22:35 #127256 by pollocksn
needs some help was created by pollocksn
Ok guys here is the deal I just bought a 1997 kz650 and I cant figure something out. Every body I have seen has been the regular body but mine is a fiberglass body that is all one piece. The tank is fiberglass too connected to the seat and rear pieces. My question is was this an option? The guy I got it from said the body is the original. And from the looks of the it, it is. I was just wondering if I stumbled on a rare one or something. I need to clean out the inside of the tank to get it back to road worthy. I just dont know if I want to keep the body or start to piece together a regular one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2007 22:46 #127258 by pollocksn
Replied by pollocksn on topic needs some help
whoa whoa whoa I ment 1979 kz650. Sorry if this is a obvious answer but this is my first bike.

More
06 Apr 2007 23:36 #127263 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic needs some help
Hi pollocksn and welcome to kzr.

Post a pic of the bodywork and you will get your answer. There were some aftermarket kits available for the Z1/Kz900/1000 series. The name Tracy seems to come to mind for monocoque designs. Might be worth something as a collectible if it is rare enough or a well made prototype.

Someone is sure to chime in once you post a pic.

Cheers-Colin Firth -Ontario Canada

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

More
07 Apr 2007 00:14 #127270 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic needs some help
Not stock but may be worth more. They didn't make many body kits for the 650.Let's see a pic. I pretty sure R4 would like to have it.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
07 Apr 2007 08:44 #127331 by pollocksn
Ok well ill get some pics up as soon as I can, My camera is dead right now and im about to go slave for the man to earn a paycheck.

• wireman
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2007 09:31 #127352 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic needs some help
probably a tracy body or some knock off of one;)

More
07 Apr 2007 11:03 #127399 by pollocksn
here is a pic. I couldnt figure out how to do multiple pics

More
07 Apr 2007 11:08 #127403 by pollocksn
ok that did not work at all

More
07 Apr 2007 11:17 #127404 by pollocksn
try it again

Post edited by: pollocksn, at: 2007/04/07 14:18
Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2007 15:38 #127457 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic needs some help
It's a Tracy body unless others copied? There were a few of them around, although I've never seen one on a KZ650. To me they were not desirable, but to others it may be. I have a 1974 H2 that had one on it and the way it worked on the H2 was the body was placed right over the stock tank, so the stock tank is rubbed to crap kind of like what bedliners do in the back of a pickup truck, but this is not the worst part, on a H2 you had to hacksaw off the back of the frame behind the seat! Can you believe someone would hack their frame and ruin their stock tank to add a Tracy? I sure wouldn't do it.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

• wireman
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2007 16:12 #127476 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic needs some help
RonKZ650 wrote:

It's a Tracy body unless others copied? There were a few of them around, although I've never seen one on a KZ650. To me they were not desirable, but to others it may be. I have a 1974 H2 that had one on it and the way it worked on the H2 was the body was placed right over the stock tank, so the stock tank is rubbed to crap kind of like what bedliners do in the back of a pickup truck, but this is not the worst part, on a H2 you had to hacksaw off the back of the frame behind the seat! Can you believe someone would hack their frame and ruin their stock tank to add a Tracy? I sure wouldn't do it.

im agreeing with ron again,somebody write this date down for future referance!:P

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2007 16:26 #127482 by Pterosaur
Replied by Pterosaur on topic needs some help
wireman wrote:

...im agreeing with ron again,somebody write this date down for future referance!:P

;) :ohmy: :unsure: :dry: :lol: :P
Attachments: