Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ750E vs H 07 Sep 2022 18:22 #873536

• Elfarm98648
  • Elfarm98648's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 59
After installing the 4.5 gallon KZ750E tank onto my stock KZ750H, I have noticed I do not have the turn radius that I had with the stock tank. The fork tubes contact the tank before it hits full lock. Also the seats are going to be a bit differently Shaped because of how the rear of the tank contours. 
Are the KZ750E triple trees going to be different from the H triples? As of right now I do not have a fork lock because of the fork tubes contacting the tank before lock can be achieved. It does not make much of a difference in riding except for slow speeds when the maneuverability is needed. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750E vs H 07 Sep 2022 19:05 #873538

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
www.partzilla.com/

You can check the PN's for the "triple trees" at this website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elfarm98648

KZ750E vs H 07 Sep 2022 20:18 #873541

• Elfarm98648
  • User
It does appear the the E’s triples are pushed forward to accommodate the larger tank. Part numbers do support this. Thank you Nessism. 

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 05:30 #873545

• Elfarm98648
  • User
Before I buy a set of trees, I decided to check the fork tube part numbers to make sure they both have 36mm forks. Partzilla does have them listed under different part numbers, can someone tell me what the tube diameter of a KZ750E is?

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 05:38 #873546

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1720

Before I buy a set of trees, I decided to check the fork tube part numbers to make sure they both have 36mm forks. Partzilla does have them listed under different part numbers, can someone tell me what the tube diameter of a KZ750E is?
Are there any dimensions listed for the fork seals for both, the difference may be in the length, also your Ltd looks to have "leading" forks?

Last edit: by Wookie58.

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 05:45 #873547

• Wookie58
  • Away

After installing the 4.5 gallon KZ750E tank onto my stock KZ750H, I have noticed I do not have the turn radius that I had with the stock tank. The fork tubes contact the tank before it hits full lock. Also the seats are going to be a bit differently Shaped because of how the rear of the tank contours. 
Are the KZ750E triple trees going to be different from the H triples? As of right now I do not have a fork lock because of the fork tubes contacting the tank before lock can be achieved. It does not make much of a difference in riding except for slow speeds when the maneuverability is needed. 
Just be a little careful how "spirited" your riding is, if it goes into a "slapper" the forks will smash the tank and ruin all that bodywork you have been doing 

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 05:50 #873548

• Elfarm98648
  • User
Wookie, I am not sure what you mean by leading but I believe the E has the leading forks. The forks seals are the same as well as the fork caps. 

this is the H steering stem that is currently on my LTD. 
This is the E steering stem. 
Attachments:

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 06:28 #873549

• Wookie58
  • Away

Wookie, I am not sure what you mean by leading but I believe the E has the leading forks. The forks seals are the same as well as the fork caps. 

this is the H steering stem that is currently on my LTD. 
This is the E steering stem. 
On the Ltd the front axle is in front of the vertical axis of the fork leg (leading) the "E" has the forks on the same axis as the fork leg. using "E" trees with "leading" forks will push the wheel even further forward increasing the "offset" which I believe will slow the steering even more than a stock Ltd (very stable in a straight line though) I guess you need to decide what you want from the bike
It may be possible to use your "H" top tubes in "E" lowers with an "E" axle to maintain current height without increasing the offset with the "E" trees

Last edit: by Wookie58.

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 07:21 #873550

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 429
Good suggestion Wookie58

My kz750E1 axle. Not leading 

fork tube 36mm
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 07:43 #873551

• Elfarm98648
  • User
Wookie, so if I am understanding you correctly, the H forks bottoms will slow the steering at low speeds but increase stability in a straight line while the E forks will maintain the angles and continue to steer like stock. 

My steering is so limited right now that even with the slower steering at slow speeds but increased turning radius it would be worth it to change over the stems in order to regain the steering angle. I’ll post a picture tonight of full lock with the E tank and H stem. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

KZ750E vs H 08 Sep 2022 10:02 #873558

• Wookie58
  • Away

Wookie, so if I am understanding you correctly, the H forks bottoms will slow the steering at low speeds but increase stability in a straight line while the E forks will maintain the angles and continue to steer like stock. 

My steering is so limited right now that even with the slower steering at slow speeds but increased turning radius it would be worth it to change over the stems in order to regain the steering angle. I’ll post a picture tonight of full lock with the E tank and H stem. 
Hi, yes you are understanding correctly, here in the UK we don't have many straight roads so try not to slow the steering 

KZ750E vs H 17 Sep 2022 19:58 #874029

• Elfarm98648
  • User
I wanted to update the thread as I have now installed the E Steering stem and I now have full range of steering. I have yet to ride it as I was focused on syncing the carbs and in the process of reading the plugs, I stripped out the number 2 cylinder spark plug. No fun but we will see tomorrow if it needs a helicoil or just a retap.