Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Z1 dual disc conversion with KZ900 wheel 16 May 2020 15:05 #825878

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008

Rick H. wrote: Thanks Scirocco for posting the info on the conversion kit. I have never seen that before. So unless I am wrong the disc rotor in the kit was the same rotor that would have been on the bike both being the wide rotors.
Rick H.

Correct. I have the kit on my blue Z1B. The rotors are the thick ones. One is a 9L and the other is a 1S date code. The PO had mounted them behind the forks but when I restored the bike I mounted them in front. As you can see, they were drilled.

I also have twin discs on my B4 but they are the thin ones. Scared the hell out of me when I checked their thickness one day and discovered they were thinner than the spec....then I realized they were thinner than the spec for the thick ones!

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick H.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hardrockminer.

Z1 dual disc conversion with KZ900 wheel 17 May 2020 09:49 #825919

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1892
Did any one ever thought about the brake pad shim orientation, (rollback/knockback effect)?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

Z1 dual disc conversion with KZ900 wheel 17 May 2020 11:16 #825931

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
As far as I know the shim was only added to prevent brake squeak. I wonder if orientation makes a difference?
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.