• Page:

TOPIC:

Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ? 12 Dec 2018 18:18 #795051

• Khristian Ramirez
  • Khristian Ramirez's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I tired carbon kevlar brake pads replacement for my 2000 kawasaki kz1000,
but they went for a rest after 18,000 miles.Also,wear down my rotors.
So this time I want to try different brake pads for my bike.
Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ?
Most reviews on Amazon says its' long lasting and performs well in various weather conditions.
I don't even know if I believe it.
Have your ever used this brand pads ?
Any good or bad reviews ?
Hexautoparts.com is a best place for parts and accessories of car, truck, ATV, Motocycle, Boat and Mower. Cheap price not cheap quality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ? 12 Dec 2018 20:15 #795056

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2674
Sintered pads wear down old style rotors faster than organic pads. They typically perform pretty good, but no specific knowledge about that particular brand.

Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ? 13 Dec 2018 19:28 #795114

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
You want the pad to wear down, not the rotor if you can help it. The rotor is much harder to get for most KZ's. Maybe the police bikes have a really deep supply of NOS rotors?

Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ? 15 Dec 2018 06:50 #795167

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
  • Thank you received: 80
I have never heard of those pads, and with all of the aftermarket stuff out there, I'd recommend going with a good name brand like EBC, Vesrah, Galfer, and use a compound suited for your riding. Too hard of a pad, and like stated above, you'll wear down the rotors. Too soft a pad might give you less wear on the rotors, but also could result in softer brake feel with the possibility of fade when over used. Like that of using race brake pads for the street, you wouldn't use street brake pads for racing. Your KZ1000 is a heavy bike, and if the rotors are as rare as stated, I'd save them by using a little softer pad, and replace them often.
'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ? 15 Dec 2018 06:55 #795169

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
I would not use sintered pads on KZ rotors. Personally, after trying other brands I now only use Kawasaki pads and have never had problems with them. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ? 15 Dec 2018 08:56 #795172

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269
The sintered metal eats the rotors. So do the AZone lifetime warranty brake pads for your car / truck (semi-metalic). I used to buy the AZ lifetime warranty pads for my truck, but have found that they are gone in a year, along with the rotors. Sooo in effect AZ increases their chineese rotor sales with every "free" set of replacement pads they hand out. One upside to sintered pads and cheap parts in general, you DO get lots of practice doing the same repair often. I buy OEM parts whenever I can. I pay a little more, but I do not have the same problem again.

Like Ed said, the OEM brakes are designed to wear the pads. The newer automotive brake pads are a ceramic composite, and I have read reports from people claiming they last well over 100K miles on a car / truck.

These were NEW premium NAPA rotors. I don't even buy oil at AZ anymore, and how bad can they screw up OIL? lol

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:

Last edit: by old_kaw.

Are Foreverun Motor sintered brake pads good ? 15 Dec 2018 09:04 #795174

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI've always used organic brake pads until I put on late model rotors. They are drilled and I got a notchy feel when I put on the brakes and the pads wore out quickly. I then bought sintered brake pads, now the brakes are smooth. There are harder ones so I guess these are somewhere in between. I bought a rotor that came off a earlier KZP that was near the limit just to see if it was the rotor or the pads. (The KZP's had the harder pads) No difference so that's why I got the sintered pads. Glad I did.
No abnormal wear and the brakes work great.
Steve

Attachments:

• Page: