magical self-sealing tire

More
26 May 2016 06:41 #728627 by 82KZ305Belt
Replied by 82KZ305Belt on topic magical self-sealing tire

loudhvx wrote: Put a time lock on the fridge door. :)

Maybe I should put one on the garage door too, and put the motorcycle keys in the fridge. 2 days after inflation, still hasn't lost a pound...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2016 07:38 #728635 by MDZ1rider
Replied by MDZ1rider on topic magical self-sealing tire
Mix up some dish soap water and soak the tire/valve stem area with dripping wet sponge. Watch for bubbles anywhere. Even a very slow leak will form bubbles.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
26 May 2016 07:41 #728636 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic magical self-sealing tire
It's nothing to trifle with. A rear blowout can be life threatening. :unsure:
Steve

More
26 May 2016 10:30 #728670 by 82KZ305Belt

MDZ1rider wrote: Mix up some dish soap water and soak the tire/valve stem area with dripping wet sponge. Watch for bubbles anywhere. Even a very slow leak will form bubbles.

Nothing. :(

More
26 May 2016 10:31 #728671 by 82KZ305Belt

swest wrote: It's nothing to trifle with. A rear blowout can be life threatening. :unsure:
Steve

I agree. That's why I haven't been on the road since I found it flat, though it's holding air perfectly at the moment.

More
28 May 2016 12:56 #728992 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic magical self-sealing tire

82KZ305Belt wrote: I've looked it over several times and can't find a thing. I tested the valve stem and it seems fine. Everything is fine except my confidence in it.

I wonder if that night it went flat in the garage is the same night I took Ambien for insomnia the first time. It was either that night or the night prior. Based on what I've read about it I might have walked down the stairs, into the garage, let all the air out of my tire, emailed all my ex-girlfriends and gone back to bed and never remembered any of it the next day. :)

The incidences of "robot zombie activity" on Ambien are myths from guys who got caught in bed with their wife's sister........

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
30 May 2016 07:30 #729201 by 82KZ305Belt

bountyhunter wrote:

82KZ305Belt wrote: I've looked it over several times and can't find a thing. I tested the valve stem and it seems fine. Everything is fine except my confidence in it.

I wonder if that night it went flat in the garage is the same night I took Ambien for insomnia the first time. It was either that night or the night prior. Based on what I've read about it I might have walked down the stairs, into the garage, let all the air out of my tire, emailed all my ex-girlfriends and gone back to bed and never remembered any of it the next day. :)

The incidences of "robot zombie activity" on Ambien are myths from guys who got caught in bed with their wife's sister........

I'm glad I threw out that old bag of brown sugar a few weeks ago...

www.today.com/health/while-i-was-sleepin...nfessions-1D80287242

More
30 May 2016 07:45 #729203 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic magical self-sealing tire
Honestly, what is sound piece of mind worth? How much does a quality replacement tube cost?
Just my .02

ride safe my friends

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
30 May 2016 08:39 #729212 by 82KZ305Belt

kaw-a-holic wrote: Honestly, what is sound piece of mind worth?

Its worth waiting to ride until I get a new tire, since I'm down to the wear bars anyway. Unfortunately I can't afford a new tire. I have about $500 to live on until August