Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ200 front brake caliper swap 14 Aug 2018 13:44 #788833

• Dads Zed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have now received a Z650 Calliper (A big thanks to "Two Wheel Spares" & "mpgmotorcyclespartsandcustoms" )and although I thought it would be an easy upgrade as the original KZ200 Calliper bracket holes are the same distance apart as the mounting bolts for the Z650 Calliper bolts, it doesn't fit i.e the Z650 Calliper will fit on to the Z200 bracket, but then the bracket won't fit the forks. However, there is good news. If you use the Z650 calliper and the Z650 bracket you can bolt the bracket on using the top mounting bolt. With this in place the pads line up perfectly with the disc and there is adequate clearance from the calliper to the spokes. I just need to blank the bottom bracket hole of the calliper, drill and tap another hole in the bracket and all should work, fingers crossed. See the photo's
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ200 front brake caliper swap 14 Aug 2018 16:08 #788847

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2631
How thick is the material on the tapped hole?
Steve

KZ200 front brake caliper swap 15 Aug 2018 00:56 #788881

• Dads Zed
  • User

martin_csr wrote:

By Dads Zed:
My other option is to change the front forks complete with Drum

Does your bike have a Fr Drum brake? What year & model is it?
The KZ200As I checked at Partzilla have a cable operated Fr disk brake.

My Z200 does have the Cable operated Front disc Brake, but as I'm changing The bike to be more like a"Flat Tracker" changing the front end to a Drum system was another option, depending on what would be available, but I wanted to try and keep most of the original parts where possible.

KZ200 front brake caliper swap 15 Aug 2018 00:57 #788882

• Dads Zed
  • User

SWest wrote: How thick is the material on the tapped hole?
Steve

Hi Steve the Material / Z650 bracket is 9.08mm

KZ200 front brake caliper swap 06 Dec 2018 05:45 #794721

• MurphyChow
  • User
Did you ever figure it out? Ive got a kz200 that is missing the all the cables and the handlebar......go figure! Anyways finding a replacement cable is a such a pain. If youve got this all sorted, pics of the final build and what you did please and thanks in advance. Also great forum! If any one has any spare controls or any of the cables for this kz200 msg me back or email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

KZ200 front brake caliper swap 17 Dec 2018 06:26 #795285

• Dads Zed
  • User
Still in progress with my old Z200. I have now got the Back Wheel Fitted and the front end together complete with Handle Bars and original speedo. However, the calliper isn’t tested yet. Hopefully, new Brake and clutch levers will be fitted in The New Year. There’s no reason why the Calliper won’t work, but due to the switch gear, leavers, throttle etc, all in one unit, it will cause you a head ache. As I’m changing my bike completely, it’s not really an issue. I will have lots of spares, including handle bars , seats, indicators, Rev Counter, Light Cluster etc etc. I also have a spare original calliper (x2), but they will need fully striping and rebuilding. I'll list on ebay some point

Picture attached of progress, so far.
Attachments:

• Page: