kz100p trike conversion questions

More
24 Sep 2013 02:58 #607537 by carpenoctem
kz100p trike conversion questions was created by carpenoctem
Hey. Long time since I was on, but I got a project I have to get done. My dad was trying to get back on two after 25+ years and failed his class. between his feet and knees he is finally admitting being two up is out. So I'm planning on building him up a KZ police trike but I got some mental road blocks.

I need to get it down some so it doesn't keel over on a turn when triked. How much am I going to be able to lower it? I can can do an up-swept the swing arm to lower the rear and put on shorter shocks to keep angles right and the tires will soften it up some to help it glide a bit nicer for his aging bones, and dropping the rear is less issue with no tire in the fender. But with the front how low am I going to be able to take it without scraping every time he leaves a lot or comes across a speed bump. I can work the exhaust a bit running oval or rectangle pipe underneath. and the bags can be lifted.

Does anyone know the distance from the drive sprocket to the bike center line?
gotta get a spec before I go buying an axle. I'd like to use an old Harley unit as they can always be found, but I need to know it'll fit.

Pop is beating the hell out of himself. Gotta show him the world hasn't ended for getting back in the wind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2013 09:56 #607569 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic kz100p trike conversion questions
prolly need to keep at least five inches under it depending on the roads you plan to travel.

i have seen several trikes built by using the swingarms out of quads.

a buddy of mine has a r6 with the swingarm and rear axle brake assembly out of a yfz450 under the back.with some front wheel dirve honda wheels adapted on.

can't help on the centerline number.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.