Brake troubles continued.

More
28 Jul 2013 10:04 - 28 Jul 2013 10:06 #598683 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Brake troubles continued.
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThese work great for fork oil and brake fluid tasks. Get a couple (here are 5 for cheap) and mark on them with a magic marker which fluid they are for so you don't end up with any fork oil in you brake fluid. They're calibrated in ml (milliliters), but 1 ml = 1 cc so they work great if you need to measure cc's. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 28 Jul 2013 10:06 by 650ed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ggenovez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2013 10:40 #598684 by Powerstroke_fan
Replied by Powerstroke_fan on topic Brake troubles continued.
can you squeeze the brake or have someone else squeeze the brake and watch the pistons move the pads? Maybe you could see if one isn't moving correctly or maybe sticking. When replacing the dust boots did you clean and inspect the piston and bore for scratches or gouges? If so i have also removed the caliper and found a old rotor or a piece of steel close to the same thickness and then you could squeeze the lever and inspect the caliper operation better. I would follow the recommeneded above way of bleeding the system. If You cannot find any calipers acting up, i would inspect the master cylinder.

1980 kz1000B4 LTD- 1327cc 9-1 comp
Ported J model head
Psp-3x cams
RS 36s
Welded MK11 crank
Back-cut MK11 trans
MTC 2 stage lock up
Stretched 4-6 over running Hayabusa rear rim with 190 rear tire
Complete frame brace kit installed
And Much Much more- SOLD

2014- ZX14R all stock for now

More
28 Jul 2013 15:59 #598714 by kzz1king
Replied by kzz1king on topic Brake troubles continued.
I have had to bleed from the mc down. COVER all painted surfaces. Bleed at mc,then at splitter and then calipers.
Wayne

74 Z1 1075, 29 smoothbores, owned and ridden since 1976
Home built KZ1000 turbo setup

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532476...s-budget-turbo-build

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532489-74-z-makeover

More
28 Jul 2013 21:47 #598783 by havakaw
Replied by havakaw on topic Brake troubles continued.
You could go through all this "Reverse Bleeding" process,BUT...If you look at the calipers as they are mounted on the forks,is the bleeder at the 12 o'clock (straight up) position,or is it off to the side. I'm betting it's off to the side a bit.If you try to bleed the calipers with them mounted,you will NEVER get the air out,because the air will rise to the top of the caliper,and the fluid will not displace it,because it is getting bled out before it can push the air out.SO...How to fix that problem... Take the caliper off,hold it so the bleeder is straight up,open it up,and let it flow.Repete for the other side.If you need to,get a "helper"-Wife kid,neighbor,crack-had down the street-no...Not him,he'll steal from you)Have them squeeze the lever while you keep pressure on the piston using a large pair of Channel-Locks.

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)

More
29 Jul 2013 09:51 #598863 by ggenovez
Replied by ggenovez on topic Brake troubles continued.
Yes, I did inspect them. I'll check out each caliper and ensure they're both moving the same amount.

Thanks for the advice.

KZ-1100 A1

More
29 Jul 2013 09:52 #598864 by ggenovez
kzz1king

Can you give me a little more details as to how to bleed the mc, and then the splitter?

KZ-1100 A1

More
29 Jul 2013 09:53 #598866 by ggenovez
Good point havakaw,

I did start with the pistons completely depressed, but you're right, air might have sucked in the caliper.

I'll try that.

KZ-1100 A1