Mono to dual shock conversion (Who's done it?)

More
16 Jul 2013 02:24 - 16 Jul 2013 02:27 #596705 by Hollywoodmx
Replied by Hollywoodmx on topic Mono to dual shock conversion (Who's done it?)
I've done it with 2010 r1 but that swap isn't for thr light hearted.

Looking at that swingarm your in a bit of trouble with the upper bracing. If you flip you to have to plan mounting the rear brake upside down, if possible. Then you you will custom Fabbing for that. Keep in mind some rear brakes only mount a few ways.

Do us a favor. Mount it normally then tie a piece of string to the shock mounts with a nt on the end. Then take pictures. Need to see where the shocks hang relative to the swingarm.

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary
Last edit: 16 Jul 2013 02:27 by Hollywoodmx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2013 10:23 #596734 by K.D. HART
Replied by K.D. HART on topic Mono to dual shock conversion (Who's done it?)

Hollywoodmx wrote: I've done it with 2010 r1 but that swap isn't for thr light hearted.

Looking at that swingarm your in a bit of trouble with the upper bracing. If you flip you to have to plan mounting the rear brake upside down, if possible. Then you you will custom Fabbing for that. Keep in mind some rear brakes only mount a few ways.

Do us a favor. Mount it normally then tie a piece of string to the shock mounts with a nt on the end. Then take pictures. Need to see where the shocks hang relative to the swingarm.

No problem being light hearted, I was a Millwright for almost 20 years.
This is in Projects now. www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/589806...750-suspension-build
I'll drop some plumb bobs after I get it on my table and have the bushings for the swingarm made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.