Can I stretch the inside pivot area of the frame?

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
04 Feb 2013 14:40 #570726 by wireman

Hollywoodmx wrote: OK OK I wont stretch the frame. :lol:

I dont need the 1/4 per say but it would have given me a tad more room to work with on the swingarm.

wireman wrote: As much as he want on about not wantinting to hurt the powder coating on his frame when he got the bike I wouldnt advise trying it! :laugh:

Bwaaahahaha!:laugh:

Hey that powder coating is like rock hard! It's better than stock paint! I was beating it up today (by accident) and it didn't even show any blemishes..

Start twisting that frame a little when youre trying to push it over to fit that swingarm,youll find out how rock responds to being twisted! :sick: :woohoo:
Great thing about paint is it can be fixed without having to completely strip the frame B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 01:32 #571208 by Hollywoodmx
Replied by Hollywoodmx on topic Can I stretch the inside pivot area of the frame?

wireman wrote:

Hollywoodmx wrote: OK OK I wont stretch the frame. :lol:

I dont need the 1/4 per say but it would have given me a tad more room to work with on the swingarm.

wireman wrote: As much as he want on about not wantinting to hurt the powder coating on his frame when he got the bike I wouldnt advise trying it! :laugh:

Bwaaahahaha!:laugh:

Hey that powder coating is like rock hard! It's better than stock paint! I was beating it up today (by accident) and it didn't even show any blemishes..

Start twisting that frame a little when youre trying to push it over to fit that swingarm,youll find out how rock responds to being twisted! :sick: :woohoo:
Great thing about paint is it can be fixed without having to completely strip the frame B)

Don't worry, the R1 swing arm WILL fit and I think it will look bad ass in the end. B) I don't think I would recommend it to others though.

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
07 Feb 2013 03:54 #571242 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Can I stretch the inside pivot area of the frame?
I think it would turn out bowlegged if you stretched it anyways.

More
07 Feb 2013 10:52 #571264 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Can I stretch the inside pivot area of the frame?
r6 swingarms are cheap

and narrower :whistle: ,

just sayin,

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
07 Feb 2013 12:37 #571277 by NakedFun
I thought about doing this as well and divised a means to keep the pivot area in check and spread that area. As stated, you would have to cut and weld new cross members, etc... I don't really think it would be that bad or cause much issue if it was done thoughtfully. In the end, I trimmed my ZRX arm the 1/8" it needed as it was just much easier. Good luck.

Cory

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900