why is my chain streaching?!

More
20 Jun 2012 13:43 #530539 by kopcicle
Replied by kopcicle on topic why is my chain streaching?!
and i'm just pading my post count .

Seriously , ditch the 630 stuff as soon as you're able . I have two GenIII "J" engines (998 and 1100cc) that have been converted to 530 for several years . I have had zero problems with recent , high quality , brand name drive chains in 530 withstanding 100hp/100ft/lbs torque with a near 600 pound curb weight . Add nearly 20% more HP and torque for the 1100 at the same weight .
I noticed the difference immediately . My "pigcicle" turned into a willing and intuitive mount , near telepathic in nature . Gone were the indistinct lins through long sweepers . I was actually able to tell my wheel bearings and swing arm pivot needed replacing from the seat rather than from disassembly and inspection . In short it was worth it .

~kop

"There are two major pressure changes in a four stroke internal combustion engine , when you light the fire and when the rods exit the block..."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
20 Jun 2012 14:04 #530540 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic why is my chain streaching?!
DuPont lubricant: www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/...51&productId=1059839

We don't have a Lowes near us. I think McMaster Carr might also carry the stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.