Swinging arm sizes

More
11 Jun 2011 13:27 #456680 by Philsbike
Swinging arm sizes was created by Philsbike
Hi, hopefully somebody can help me with this, I am, looking for a swinging arm to go into a Z1B, I have been offered a nice braced one which came off either a GPZ750 OR 1100, the guy doesnt know which :blink: , firstly do you think the GPZ's would be the same and if so will they go into a older Z? I wondered if maybe even the later Z1000J's etc might all use the same arm?? Any input would be helpful thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2011 17:17 #456862 by Philsbike
Replied by Philsbike on topic Swinging arm sizes
Please :unsure: , surely somebody can help on this???

More
12 Jun 2011 17:32 #456863 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic Swinging arm sizes
I don't have any experience with this swap but I would think it would be a close fit. Can't be off by too much and most swaps take a little "persuasion" in some form to fit anyway. Measure how wide the arm mount is on the GPZ swingarm and then measure where the arm mounts inside the frame to see if they match up. I'd bet they are close. I have seen just about every other arm imaginable mounted on these KZ's so would bet you can make it fit if it isn't a bolt in. Hopefully, if someone on here has actually done this they will chime in. Sometimes it takes a few days before someone sees the post but usually you will get an answer...give it some more time.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
12 Jun 2011 18:53 #456878 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Swinging arm sizes
What are you looking to do?
Longer, wider, aluminum?

Because you have cheap acsess to these swingarms? You want to use them?

Do you need a stock replacement?

The old Suzuki GS1100 swingarm is best swap.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

More
13 Jun 2011 11:16 #456978 by Philsbike
Replied by Philsbike on topic Swinging arm sizes
I was only doing it as the Metchamex one looked very nice and "right" for that period of bike, I wasnt looking to do anything other than cosmetic if the arm was the same ;)