suspension options for a KZ550

More
09 Oct 2010 16:11 #405512 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic suspension options for a KZ550
suckerpunchjohnny wrote:

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-PW50-PW-5...fPartsQ5fAccessories

any of these work?

A Yamaha PW50 is a childs 49CC playbike that weighs 85 pounds wet (see link). Your KZ550 weighs about 456 pounds. Judging by the pic you provided you are a full grown dude that weighs more than any three kids that would ride a PW50. Shock absorbers and their springs are sized according to various factors, but the most important one is the weight of the machine. The way I figure it, the weight of you and your bike is at least 4.5 times greater than the weight of a kid on a PW50. There's no way in hell that the shocks from a PW50 will work for you and your bike even if you could put coil springs from a 1958 Oldsmobile Super 88 on the shocks. You own a real motorcycle. You need real motorcycle shocks or real struts. ;)

PW50 Specs

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• suckerpunchjohnny
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Oct 2010 18:10 #405553 by suckerpunchjohnny
Replied by suckerpunchjohnny on topic suspension options for a KZ550
LOL... oops. mustve just copied the wrong link and didnt check... :blush: I do like goofing off on 50's! but yes i agree those certainly wouldnt hold me and my bike! :laugh:
I get dizzy from all the site surfing I've been doing trying to get my parts list together! Think I found a good pair that will work... actually had them lying around at my buddy's shop. we're gonna see if they'll fit when i bring the bike in tmw...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.