I need ideas on how to mount this seat on LTD

More
09 Jun 2010 04:27 #374557 by djturnz
I made some brackets to mount my KZP seat to my 750LTD. I don't really like them though. For one, they are not quick release at all, so no getting to the battery or fuses on the side of the road. I also ended up snapping the bolts off in the front bracket mounts, so I'll need to do something different there.

Here are some pics after mounting it up.

If anyone has an idea on how to mount this without having to weld anything, I'd love to hear suggestions.

The seat did come with it's own brackets and slip pins, so perhaps I can make a bracket that would line up with that.

Here is a pic of the bottom the seat with the stock brackets.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2010 04:29 #374558 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic I need ideas on how to mount this seat on LTD
Before anyone points it out, yes the rear fender is getting changed and I will be adding a passenger pad.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

More
09 Jun 2010 12:54 - 09 Jun 2010 13:10 #374655 by Capt America
Replied by Capt America on topic I need ideas on how to mount this seat on LTD
Don't know if this is gonna work, and warning the drawings are horrid.. LOL.. anyway here's an idea for ya.

I've mounted a few like this.. one bracket for under seat and one for frame, both can be kind of hidden under the seat and make for easy access.
:ohmy: DOH! forget my head if it wasn't attached.... the frame bracket has to have slotted holes btw at the shock mount points..

Capt A merica
1983 K1 750 twin
Ontario, Canada.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2010 13:10 by Capt America.

More
10 Jun 2010 04:01 #374802 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic I need ideas on how to mount this seat on LTD
I like this. Why do the shock mount holes need to be slotted?

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

More
10 Jun 2010 11:31 #374899 by Capt America
Replied by Capt America on topic I need ideas on how to mount this seat on LTD
I slot the holes so it can stay really tight to the frame.. I guess you could force it on if ya wanted..

I just drill the whole where it needs to be and cut the slot with a cut off blade on grinder, or hacksaw, or dremmel... whatever works for you.

I put the open end of the slots to the rear, as most pressure on a seat is from you being forced backwards by motion anyway. If you change the fender to a solid one later on, like you mentioned, you can just toss the frame piece later and put a stud on the solid fender to meet the one on the seat.

Capt A merica
1983 K1 750 twin
Ontario, Canada.