Need Tire Infos

More
08 Apr 2010 16:47 #359329 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Need Tire Infos
Don't even try mounting a tire until you get some very good tire irons or you will just trash the inner tube and give yourself a hernia. Truth is, if you can get it done for $25, it'sworth it to pay.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KZ1000CSRman
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Apr 2010 09:59 - 09 Apr 2010 10:02 #359479 by KZ1000CSRman
Replied by KZ1000CSRman on topic Need Tire Infos
T_Dub wrote:

x2 on an FSM. But if you can't find one a Clymer or Haynes will do the job for a beginner. My Clymer worked fine for me until I lost it and then happened across an FSM on eBay.

As it goes for the installation of the tires and stuff, find out from other riders where they go. Mechanics are a mixed bag. I take my wheels to the local Honda dealer because the Customer Service people and the mechanics at the Kawi dealer are all a bunch of twats. Tire changes are the only thing I don't do myself, but I'll take it to those guys every time, just because I trust them.

Back a couple years ago, I took my Aprillia to the Yamaha dealer/shop here for an oil change. They said they will not touch any other brand because they don't want to be liable for any stuff that goes wrong. Is there any truth to that? I mean, the kawasaki shop I know of is in another city with is about 30 minutes away.

Another thing is, I know that the sales reps that work there, they are a bunch of stuck up azzes.

'82 KZ1000 CSR
Last edit: 09 Apr 2010 10:02 by KZ1000CSRman.

More
09 Apr 2010 10:09 #359489 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Need Tire Infos
KZ1000CSRman wrote:

T_Dub wrote:

x2 on an FSM. But if you can't find one a Clymer or Haynes will do the job for a beginner. My Clymer worked fine for me until I lost it and then happened across an FSM on eBay.

As it goes for the installation of the tires and stuff, find out from other riders where they go. Mechanics are a mixed bag. I take my wheels to the local Honda dealer because the Customer Service people and the mechanics at the Kawi dealer are all a bunch of twats. Tire changes are the only thing I don't do myself, but I'll take it to those guys every time, just because I trust them.

Back a couple years ago, I took my Aprillia to the Yamaha dealer/shop here for an oil change. They said they will not touch any other brand because they don't want to be liable for any stuff that goes wrong. Is there any truth to that? I mean, the kawasaki shop I know of is in another city with is about 30 minutes away.

Another thing is, I know that the sales reps that work there, they are a bunch of stuck up azzes.

Recent research has determined that being an asshat is a genetic trait of individuals who work at dealerships....:P Most dealers will repair other brands for the simple reason that service generates most of their income. They may pass on certain brands but I am surprised they won't do any work on any other brand. In most cases, you can get good work at a lower price by going to a service center (professional shop) and they will always work on multiple brands.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
09 Apr 2010 10:10 #359493 by T_Dub
Replied by T_Dub on topic Need Tire Infos
It's all about the person. Can you imagine a mechanic not doing an oil change on a car because its not the brand they're used to? I's day he didn't want to work on your Aprilia so he made that up to get you to leave. The Honda dealer I go to has no problem changing my tires, and I'm sure they'd do anything else I asked for as long as it didn't require a special Kawi tool.

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler