Lost right side engine points cover on kz750

More
24 Dec 2009 06:59 - 24 Dec 2009 08:47 #340517 by 650ed
Here's one, but the "Kawasaki" label doesn't seem to be available as a separate part number.

Cover

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 24 Dec 2009 08:47 by 650ed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2009 08:33 - 24 Dec 2009 08:59 #340534 by JMKZHI
sakiguy wrote:

.... Looks like the kz440 covers even work.

Nope - smaller bike - different gasket.

The cross-reference at Kawasaki.com shows that the 80s 550, 650 & 750-4 models have the same cap. Some (all?) of the 83-later will look the same as yours except for the color.

Edit: the Kawasaki label is listed as Active, but I have no idea how accurate that info is.
Last edit: 24 Dec 2009 08:59 by JMKZHI.

More
24 Dec 2009 13:56 - 24 Dec 2009 13:57 #340559 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
sakiguy wrote:

No thanks asshole. Yes, people make mistakes. I'd rather not dwell on it though! You are not playing devil's advocate, you are just being a complete ass.[/quote]

wow! what a clever response. just call people names because you are upset you didn't tighten the cover and lost it.
guess i need to remember your name and file it under the hell will freeze over before i ever help your sorry ass Category.
i have the exact cover you need and was going to ask you for an address and just send it to you. i've been known to do silly things like that for members here.

in the mean time, you keep us posted when you decide to change your tires or brakes or something like that. should make for some good reading.

hang in there sunshine, i'm sure the cover will come up eventually.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.
Last edit: 24 Dec 2009 13:57 by kawsakiman.

More
26 Dec 2009 12:04 - 26 Dec 2009 12:05 #340757 by sakiguy
Replied by sakiguy on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
kawsakiman wrote:

sakiguy wrote:

No thanks asshole. Yes, people make mistakes. I'd rather not dwell on it though! You are not playing devil's advocate, you are just being a complete ass.

wow! what a clever response. just call people names because you are upset you didn't tighten the cover and lost it.
guess i need to remember your name and file it under the hell will freeze over before i ever help your sorry ass Category.
i have the exact cover you need and was going to ask you for an address and just send it to you. i've been known to do silly things like that for members here.

in the mean time, you keep us posted when you decide to change your tires or brakes or something like that. should make for some good reading.

hang in there sunshine, i'm sure the cover will come up eventually.[/quote]

You obviously didn't read the first post, you were just trying to add salt to the wound. Does that make you an ass? Well some people might think so, and I sure do. I found a replacement already although it doesn't have a label. Next time you offer help try not to be an asshole about it first, that is also 'first year stuff' as you would call it.

1983 KZ750 N2 Shaft
Last edit: 26 Dec 2009 12:05 by sakiguy.

More
26 Dec 2009 17:39 #340771 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
Saki, dude you need to lighten up... ;)

Reasoning why I say this....

Me, busted a whole in my engine case when splitting the cases.... Thinking I was totally screwed, First replies I received, while in my pissed off stupidity and frustration, was as follows..

"Well why the hell did you do that for"...
"Swift move exlax"...
"Way to go numbnuts"...
"WTF, are you retarded"...
"You are a stupid old f$&% aren't you"...

Then they replied, don't sweat it, I have cases you can have for free, which style do you need or want...

Steve was going there for you as well... He would have sent you the cover for free and this is how KZR land is...

You do something stupid, well ya we've all been there so don't go all offensive and such. Tuck your tail and take it like a man, get your balls busted, then they'll help you out any and every way they can... Just like a family of brothers and that's what we are here Brothers & sisters who love the magnificent KZ...

So no need to get nasty, chill a little and you'll see this for yourself... B)

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
27 Dec 2009 04:33 - 27 Dec 2009 04:34 #340806 by kzr750r1
Replied by kzr750r1 on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
Heads up that the later model Zephyr covers should fit the older KZ case. I wish the Zephyr timing cover was on mine before the fatal tipover. The backing support structure of the late model cover is far more extensive than the early.
May have saved my case from damage. Don't want to try that again. ;)

KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST
Last edit: 27 Dec 2009 04:34 by kzr750r1.

More
27 Dec 2009 07:43 #340821 by sakiguy
Old Man Rock wrote:

Saki, dude you need to lighten up... ;)

Reasoning why I say this....

Me, busted a whole in my engine case when splitting the cases.... Thinking I was totally screwed, First replies I received, while in my pissed off stupidity and frustration, was as follows..

"Well why the hell did you do that for"...
"Swift move exlax"...
"Way to go numbnuts"...
"WTF, are you retarded"...
"You are a stupid old f$&% aren't you"...

Then they replied, don't sweat it, I have cases you can have for free, which style do you need or want...

Steve was going there for you as well... He would have sent you the cover for free and this is how KZR land is...

You do something stupid, well ya we've all been there so don't go all offensive and such. Tuck your tail and take it like a man, get your balls busted, then they'll help you out any and every way they can... Just like a family of brothers and that's what we are here Brothers & sisters who love the magnificent KZ...

So no need to get nasty, chill a little and you'll see this for yourself... B)

OMR

Yah, that wasn't right of me in hindsight. What can I say, I was pretty frustrated at the time to say the least. Heat of the moment you know? Add to it that I can't ride while I wait for the parts makes it worse. My apologies for getting nasty and out of hand here. Thanks for the advice.

1983 KZ750 N2 Shaft

More
27 Dec 2009 07:45 #340822 by sakiguy
kzr750r1 wrote:

Heads up that the later model Zephyr covers should fit the older KZ case. I wish the Zephyr timing cover was on mine before the fatal tipover. The backing support structure of the late model cover is far more extensive than the early.

If my bike tipped over, the engine guard would prevent damage I hope.

1983 KZ750 N2 Shaft

More
27 Dec 2009 07:54 #340824 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
Now you've got it... ;)

How about some more images of that sweet looking engine/bike you have there... B) That just looks so clean, nice!

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
27 Dec 2009 20:51 #340898 by kzr750r1
Replied by kzr750r1 on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
sakiguy wrote:

kzr750r1 wrote:

Check on that. I hope so too... :)

KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST

More
27 Dec 2009 21:06 #340900 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
sakiguy wrote:

Or the engine guard might crack and punch a hole in your alternator cover (Ask me how I know :laugh: )

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
27 Dec 2009 21:46 #340903 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic Lost right side engine points cover on kz750
KZ250LTD wrote:

sakiguy wrote:

Or the engine guard might crack and punch a hole in your alternator cover (Ask me how I know :laugh: )

This reminds me of a time when I worked parts at a Dodge dealer in Kerrville, TX. Kerrville is covered up in Whitetail Deer so everyone puts a brush guard on their truck there. Unfortunatly, unless it is a full replacement front bumper, it usually causes more damage. Say you strike a 150 lb piece of "brush" doing 45mph. The mounts break, and the brush guard folds back, thus taking out both headlights, hood, grill, and the bumper. OUCH!

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN