Grips, Grips, which Grips?????????????

More
07 Mar 2014 22:36 #624488 by motomadlin32
Replied by motomadlin32 on topic Grips, Grips, which Grips?????????????
I just got some grips for my project haven't used them yet but they feel really good lol

Biltwell Kung fu grips
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
08 Mar 2014 05:21 #624494 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic Grips, Grips, which Grips?????????????
My favorite are Oury Motorcycle Grips. All our bikes have them.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

More
09 Mar 2014 16:20 #624638 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Grips, Grips, which Grips?????????????
Because each to their own? Universal Japanese Motorcycle. I agree with you on many points but in many ways changing things to upgrade the performance if one so desires is up to the individual. The seat on these bikes is really lacking in the comfort area if you ride long distance. My sergeant saddle makes all the difference in a 1000 mile ride. If I ride my LTD seat that many miles I'm gonna be really sore the next day even before that. As far as the geometry? Yeah, I don't understand why everyone wants to stretch their bikes to limo status. But many like the dragbike look. To each their own I say. But there are many mods that do make the bike perform better than OEM. Those fuse boxes? Better tech is out now, the saddles, I like my corbin saddle. Firm is more comfy. Grips are totally personal preference. I like those Driven D3 grips and I also always wear gloves when I ride.

RonKZ650 wrote: The reason I like original is pretty simple. If the Kawasaki would work better with 3" diameter foam grips, or looked better with a "nice" paintjob like some of them I see on the group, or worked better with the fenders removed, 12" extended swingarms, chainguards removed, goofy humpback/touring seats ect, why in the hell didn't Kawasaki build them that way!!
Because they don't work better that way is the simple answer, and they don't look better either putting it in mild words.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200