Tell me how you think things look!

More
13 Apr 2009 21:30 #281556 by Darkangel
Tell me how you think things look! was created by Darkangel
Ok this is my bike right now...I am modifying the cables, the handle bars are cut in half, and modified to fit the bike....i will see how they work out...and getting ready to finish drilling so I can make the stock foot rest to sit like a rear set....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2009 00:01 - 14 Apr 2009 00:02 #281594 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic Tell me how you think things look!
your bound and determined to try to get that big girl to handle like a 600 aren't you after you get that figured out do your self a favor and check out race tech for on of there gold vavle fork kits and maybe some new fork springs and look for some decent shocks like maybe from progressive suspension it will transform the handling immensly. by the way it's starting to look pretty cool not often that you see a shafty getting done like your doing it.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE
Last edit: 14 Apr 2009 00:02 by timebomb33.

• tachrev
  • User
  • Rubber Side Goes Down
More
14 Apr 2009 04:36 #281602 by tachrev
Replied by tachrev on topic Tell me how you think things look!
Coming right along. One of the first Cafe KZ's I saw was a shaft drive bike. Looked sharp, the shaft drive cleans up the back up the bike a bit.

1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 : Street/Strip
Build Thread

More
14 Apr 2009 09:47 #281673 by Darkangel
Replied by Darkangel on topic Tell me how you think things look!
yeah....Thanks guys....Maybe I'll have this moved to the project section...so that way you guys can see what is being done...today...we are drilling and taping, for the foot pegs...and then we will be bending the controls to fit right. the brake pedal is not clearing the tranny case. I will probably get my shocks and springs from works shocks. I dont know where else to find...sports suspension for that bike...unless you guys know...

More
14 Apr 2009 23:48 #281907 by Darkangel
Yeah..what's messed up is today I found out. i drilled in the wrong place on the left side, so i will have to drill again...if you look at the picture of me going down the street...you'll see my legs are not even...that's because the pegs aren't even...Then the WORSE thing happened..one of the bolts for the handle bars broke off. We tried a easy out, and drilling it out...and nothing...So I will have to buy another tripple tree clamp looks like. HAD the cops called on me today...bike was too loud..B) :woohoo: Sooo yeah...check the pics...tell me what you think...I look like the black Fonzie on this bike...but I love how she rides...

More
15 Apr 2009 04:00 #281915 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Tell me how you think things look!
I like it!

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• tachrev
  • User
  • Rubber Side Goes Down
More
15 Apr 2009 04:19 #281920 by tachrev
Replied by tachrev on topic Tell me how you think things look!
Yea, looks good.

Bike will have more power once you get a 4 into 1 pipe on there anyway. Those cut off header tubs are hurting you in that respect.

1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 : Street/Strip
Build Thread

More
15 Apr 2009 05:09 - 15 Apr 2009 05:10 #281929 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Tell me how you think things look!
Darkangel wrote:

...one of the bolts for the handle bars broke off. We tried a easy out, and drilling it out...and nothing...So I will have to buy another tripple tree clamp looks like....

Was a reverse-cut drill bit used? (Cuts while spinning counter-clockwise).

If not already done, might also consider taking bike to a machine shop for advice and cost estimate before deciding to replace the part.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 15 Apr 2009 05:10 by Patton.

More
15 Apr 2009 05:45 #281931 by Darkangel
shops around here are rape...if I take it off to go to a machine shop, to me i might as well replace the thing...4 to 1 is what I might have to go too. And by the way guys...I made my own custom cable....I will start a thread about how to do that...But yeah...I was thinking like the exhaust off a crotch rocket...since of this bike there will be no passenger rider...that will be the next kz i get:) I wonder is there another bikes exhuast that will fit...or have to be modified a little, and then fit...that will work...But anyway....she is hardly done...

i've got
LED flashers
Back off flasher unit
Hyper lights
HID headlight
windshield
new grips
mirrors
Carb kit
Pod filters
LED bike lighting
Electrical Overhaul
Seal replacement
Oil Cooler
Shocks...
then final test...and we are done...:)

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
15 Apr 2009 06:33 #281939 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Tell me how you think things look!
some good rear shocks will do a big dif....you are building a cool retro shaft....get a header as money permits the neighbors will love you for it...there was a guy in cali years back that made a roadracer/cafe yamaha xs1100 shafty....he had it dark ruby lipstick red and rearsets, trick shocks,chromed instruments,fork brace,steel brake lines,blacked out rims,cafe tail piece,,clubman bars,cool red grips and bar end wheights,,,and a shaft drive!!!!!...interesting thing it was...he would cook on it for sure,...
you may find guys have some used stuff that might work for the ,triple tree,header,shocks ect.....i think i have some really cool aftermarket "showa" shocks that would work on your shafty..they just nicked my chain as my wheel rotated so i had bought em but did not run em....lemme look and send a picture this weekend.... if you like em...they are yours...no probs i'll throw em to the project for ya... peace i'll post a pick this week of the hocks...craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
22 May 2009 21:20 #293424 by Darkangel
What's up guys...I have some updates on the bike...Last time i wrote on here...I had jacked up the triple trees handle bar clamp, but that's ok. On the bike right now are clip ons off a 89 FZR 600, and they fit great. Unfortunately, i cut the throttle cable in the wrong place when trying to make it shorter and it was to short, so the project had to go on hold...,but for right now on order is
Throttle cable
LED turn signals
Bar end mirrors
my joe rocket jacket:) helmet,gloves,boots, and bodyarmor here soon.

check the pics..tell me what you think.

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
22 May 2009 21:29 #293425 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic Tell me how you think things look!
I've got an NOS cable from a 1000 ELR that should be shorter than your stock cable and would probably work well with your bars. If you haven't yet ordered the cable let me know I can probably save you a few bucks.

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special