Tell me how you think things look!

More
22 May 2009 21:34 #293426 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic Tell me how you think things look!
it's starting to get a wild look to it i'm thinking it's growing on me i can honestly say i have never seen clip-ons on a shafty. and to tell you the truth as long as you having fun and are excited about it. that is all that really maters anyway ,right

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2009 21:40 #293428 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Tell me how you think things look!
You know I was looking at your bars. Although they look good cut down they will probably affect your steering. Your ability to counter steer is reduced. be carful on it. Looks like it may feel heavy in the front end.

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
More
22 May 2009 21:54 #293431 by wagonmaster69
Replied by wagonmaster69 on topic Tell me how you think things look!
here is my shafty 1100 i am going with super bike bars and APE knock off plates

78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.
Attachments:

More
22 May 2009 21:58 #293432 by Darkangel
Replied by Darkangel on topic Tell me how you think things look!
You are right...counter steering is a pain....front isn't too heavy so far...We have to remember the tank is huge on this bike,so hard corners will have to be really control...I have figured that I will take this bike out in a parking lot, and a closed road to test the steering and bring my tools to adjust it on the spot. So far the steering seems that you have to be very light to it...you cant react fast with it or you will screw up..it just takes a slight push in either direction to make a good clean turn...

El gringo, i will take that NOS cable from you, and use the one I order as a spare...pm me on what you want shipping and stuff, and I'll send you some cash..I will have to get some slider bars made for this thing...
After we get

Throttle cable
LED turn signals
Bar end mirrors
new grips

it will be rideable, and then i will give you guys the skiny on the handling. After that we will be working on

Pods
Acewell speedo
Back off flasher unit
Hyper lights
HID headlight
Electrical Overhaul
LED bike lighting

And ofcourse...no KZ fighter will be complete with a crappy seat...so the seat will be off for customizing. When that is done...then I will move on to the items below.

Last but not least...the things that I will be waiting until the end of riding season to work on are the
exhaust
dyno jet kit
dyna ignition kit
windshield
Seal replacement-this is the seal on the shifter it leaks oil like a faucet. ok not that bad...but bad enough...
Headgasket
New stator cover, and gasket
New points cover, and gasket
Oil Cooler
Shocks..
Custom crash/slider bars...