Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?

More
01 Feb 2008 13:45 #192240 by old650
Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ? was created by old650
Anyone see throttle locks in the DENNISKIRK.COM catalogue? You know the "Vista Cruise" etc. I've been eye balling the Metric catalogue online and can't find them. If you know what page number etc. they are on, I'd greatly appreciate the info. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2008 15:05 #192248 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
Are these what your looking for?

cruise control, palm

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
01 Feb 2008 15:08 #192251 by duncan
Replied by duncan on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
by pure co-incidence, i got my new denniskirk (harley) catalogue in the mail today. lots of pages easy on the eye if you know what i mean ;)

www.denniskirk.com/denniskirk/b2c/produc.../9/7/600pix/0970.jpg

anyway i didn't see any throttle locks in the new harley catalogue or last years metric catalogue, but the vista cruiser is available here

www.scootworks.com/partsmisc.htm

More
01 Feb 2008 16:47 #192271 by old650
Replied by old650 on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
Bluemeanie wrote:

cruise control, palm

Not really, but it is an alternative. Thanks.

More
01 Feb 2008 16:52 #192272 by old650
duncan wrote:

by pure co-incidence, i got my new denniskirk (harley) catalogue in the mail today. lots of pages easy on the eye if you know what i mean ;)

www.denniskirk.com/denniskirk/b2c/produc.../9/7/600pix/0970.jpg

anyway i didn't see any throttle locks in the new harley catalogue or last years metric catalogue, but the vista cruiser is available here

www.scootworks.com/partsmisc.htm

Bingo Duncan!, and the babe is darn near enough to make me throttle lock myself.:laugh:

More
01 Feb 2008 22:03 #192291 by old650
Bluemeanie wrote:

cruise control, palm

On second thought........... maybe I passed on this too quickly. Have you/anyone used one of these doo hickies before? Are they ok?, crap? Somewhere in the middle?

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
01 Feb 2008 23:31 #192310 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
old650 wrote:

Bluemeanie wrote:

cruise control, palm

On second thought........... maybe I passed on this too quickly. Have you/anyone used one of these doo hickies before? Are they ok?, crap? Somewhere in the middle?

I've never used one myself, but know a few people who have them on their bikes.
One guy however hated it so much (he said it interfered with the throttle), that during a refueling stop during our ride, he removed it and literally hurled it as far into the distance as he could! :pinch:
These "Cramp Busters" only allow the rider to loosen their grip on the handlebars and relax their hand while still keeping down pressure on the throttle to maintain speed.
A "true" cruise control like the Vista Cruise style allows the rider to completely remove his hand from the grip, permitting the rider to uncramp his throttle hand, scratch his left arm or leg, or even adjust "the boys" if they're gettin' uncomfortable while still maintaining the same speed. :whistle:

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
02 Feb 2008 01:30 #192322 by old650
Thanks for the feedback 4R. If I go this route I'll likely want a real lock. I can get away without a lock on a long highway ride when my carbs are in synch., but when they go out, I feel it. I have a bunch of used stick-on wheel weights squeezed up inside the handlebars/bar end weights and a half moon of rubber between the bars and the bottom of their clamps. All this with foam grips make long highway rides ok.....As long as those carbs are in good synch. I feel that a good throttle lock would give me the last freedom from potential hand tingles/numbness on those high mile rides. I emailed for the DENNISKIRK catalogue CD, so I might just grab one if it's in there. I just finnished firing off coinage to ZI Enterprises for an electronic ignition system and odds/ends. There is no way that I want to be caught with my pants down the day that I see dry roads here! Gathering the goodies now.;)

More
02 Feb 2008 04:11 #192324 by 1982KZ1100D1
Replied by 1982KZ1100D1 on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
watch ebay. I got two new "Dixie brand" for $10 each including shipping a few weeks ago. Put one on the KZ and the other on the Vulcan.:cheer: I had to cut off the lower flange that is supposed to fit between the throttle cables and add a small screw through the nylon to the throttle housing. I've had one done like this on my Honda for over 100K miles now with no problems.

• Post edited by: 1982KZ1100D1, at: 2008/02/02 07:44

More
    02 Feb 2008 06:29 #192335 by Bluemeanie
    Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
    I had one of those little black plastic cruise control on my bike 20-25 years ago. They work good, except you are constantly making minut adjustments. Kinda drove me nuts so I got rid of it. I don't do a lot of open long distance freeway riding so I don't need cruise anymore

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
    02 Feb 2008 09:17 #192361 by cafekz750
    Replied by cafekz750 on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
    I have one on my FJ and I have been very happy with it. I have ridden that bike 700+ miles in a day with and without a throttle lock and I prefer to ride with it. I have had no problems with the throttle with the lock installed. Just remember, it is a lock, not a cruise control devise. Set it, relax throttle hand/adjust whatever and resume riding. I think having 1200cc helps with not having to tweak the throttle a bunch when it is locked.

1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
    Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
    2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles

More
    02 Feb 2008 09:23 #192362 by bill_wilcox100
    Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic Throttle Lock at DENNISKIRK ?
    I got one of these little course-controls on the bike from the PO. Use it all the time. But, I leave it fairly loose so that I can throttle back quickly in a pinch. It really makes riding more fun for me. :)

I even went for a lighter throttle spring from Canadian Tire so that I don't feel like I'm fighting the bike mile after mile. Works for me. ;)

Best of success!

Post edited by: bill_wilcox100, at: 2008/02/02 12:24

Post edited by: bill_wilcox100, at: 2008/02/03 16:50

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
    Upgrades:
    - Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
    - Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
    - Coil Repowering Mod
    - Progressive Springs Front & Rear
    - Saddlemen Seat Cover
    - New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
    Montreal, Canada