Smaller rotor?

More
23 Nov 2007 13:03 #182361 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Smaller rotor?
Bluemeanie wrote:

Not a problem KaZoo, guess you didn't catch my post in chassis. Another member here (jjdwoodman) bent his forks in an accident and he straightend them. We pm'd and he told me how he did it. Well being a mechanic I have access to a 40 ton press so I used the 1 1/2" (38mm) dies from my pipe bending machine and pressed away! Ahter about 1 1/2 hours I had it just about perfect (straight edge on 4 sides)! So I'll be installing my factory front end, just need to hunt down a triple tree. Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. :)

Hey that looks identical to the way I did it at my buddies machine shop years ago!

The trick to seeing how well you did is to assemble the front end, then loosen the pinch bolts on one leg and spin the tube. If it spins freely all the way around, it's straight. If it binds real hard at one point, it's still bent. It's almost impossible to get it perfect. Mark the tube as to how it's bent and try to install it with the bend going forward. That way it'll straighten as you apply the brakes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2007 16:28 #182490 by shortyyyyyy
Replied by shortyyyyyy on topic Smaller rotor?
Bluemeanie wrote:

shortyyyyyy, PM sent! :)

reply sent-- if I figured out how to reply... if not, postage is the only cost!- assuming I find it tonight:side:

More
24 Nov 2007 20:45 #182528 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Smaller rotor?
You did fine, take your time... John

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!