82 750 gpz monoshock swingarm retrofit

More
11 Oct 2007 19:58 #175823 by jaguar
Hi from Joe, Anyone know of a reasonable retrofit of a monoshock and swingarm assembly for a 82 750gpz?

Looks like I have everyone stumped on this one!

Post edited by: jaguar, at: 2007/10/22 21:58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bdog
  • User
  • Sweep the leg johnny!!!
More
31 Dec 2007 12:45 #187131 by Bdog
Replied by Bdog on topic 82 750 gpz monoshock swingarm retrofit
Jag,

Searching, first, for both of those topics is the way to start. Second, your skill level is the only variable that makes it difficult. You probably aren't a machinist, neither am I. You can make anything work for any amount of money. 95-97 zx6r works and is relatively easy. It went almost straight on my gpz and the gpz front end went straight on my kz. But I when with a katana front end that I had the stem cut and extended 7/8 of an e=inch to make it long enough to use.

As for rear ends, again anything will work, depending on your skill level, confidence, and pocket book. Gsxr in certain years, many will say, are the easiest. They have about 1/8 to 3/16 worth of slop in the rear pivot area. If you don't know whst I am talking about then you need to read and become very familiar with your motorcycle before you begin changing the basic design of the geometry. With that, enjoy your kaw and I wish you the best of luck modding it. Oh, and these bikes will take a lot of punishment before they will let you down, handling wise. Make sure you are doing it for the right reason and at the right time. I started my last bike build in may and it was off the road for two years before it was rideable again and every winter after that it gets a little better.

See ya on the road skag!!

kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/338400-a-little-bit-of-an-upgrade

'77 KZ650-C1 -- build
810 kit
GPZ cams and carbs
ZX6R front end
GSXR600 Rear
Kerker
Dyna
Accel
ContiMotion tires (120/60-17&170/60-17)

• Bdog
  • User
  • Sweep the leg johnny!!!
More
31 Dec 2007 12:49 #187133 by Bdog
Replied by Bdog on topic 82 750 gpz monoshock swingarm retrofit
Jag,

Searching, first, for both of those topics is the way to start. Second, your skill level is the only variable that makes it difficult. You probably aren't a machinist, neither am I. You can make anything work for any amount of money. 95-97 zx6r works and is relatively easy. It went almost straight on my gpz and the gpz front end went straight on my kz. But I when with a katana front end that I had the stem cut and extended 7/8 of an e=inch to make it long enough to use.

As for rear ends, again anything will work, depending on your skill level, confidence, and pocket book. Gsxr in certain years, many will say, are the easiest. They have about 1/8 to 3/16 worth of slop in the rear pivot area. If you don't know whst I am talking about then you need to read and become very familiar with your motorcycle before you begin changing the basic design of the geometry. With that, enjoy your kaw and I wish you the best of luck modding it. Oh, and these bikes will take a lot of punishment before they will let you down, handling wise. Make sure you are doing it for the right reason and at the right time. I started my last bike build in may and it was off the road for two years before it was rideable again and every winter after that it gets a little better.

See ya on the road skag!!

kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/338400-a-little-bit-of-an-upgrade

'77 KZ650-C1 -- build
810 kit
GPZ cams and carbs
ZX6R front end
GSXR600 Rear
Kerker
Dyna
Accel
ContiMotion tires (120/60-17&170/60-17)

More
31 Dec 2007 15:58 #187152 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic 82 750 gpz monoshock swingarm retrofit
I used a 84 GPZ mono rear set up on my KZ650 conversion.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.
Attachments: