tire ??????

More
04 Sep 2007 21:27 #168611 by pollocksn
tire ?????? was created by pollocksn
Ok so I ordered and put on some new tires on the KZ650. I stepped up the size and the rear might be a tad to big, it is 130/90. There is literaly millimeters between the tire and the center stand when it is up. The tire doesnt rub as far as I can tell and I have put a few miles on them. when you kick the center stand down the left side will rub the tire on the way down. Could having this size on there be a problem? Do I need more clearance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
05 Sep 2007 11:07 #168711 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic tire ??????
It may depend on the brand of tire you bought, as well that it has a 90 profile as opposed to an 80 profile like most people have mounted on their 650's.

I have a 130/80-18 Dunlop GT501 mounted on my 650, and the only rubbing issue I've ever had was right at the edge of the tire against the plastic chain guard.
I simply notched the chain guard a little bit and all is well now. :)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
05 Sep 2007 15:08 #168773 by pollocksn
Replied by pollocksn on topic tire ??????
Well I had my buddy who works at a shop order me some tires. He looked up the bike and said it should fit. it does to a degree. I just didnt know if having the center stand that close to the tire could be a problem when riding. It only rubs when you push the stand down.