swingarm with original wheel

More
08 Apr 2007 07:35 #127655 by 13thlevel
swingarm with original wheel was created by 13thlevel
I need to know if there is a swingarm to use that keeps the original wheel or should I plan on finding a larger spoked wheel? I'm a noob at all this so have patience please. -Thanks

Post edited by: 13thlevel, at: 2007/04/08 10:45
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
08 Apr 2007 07:52 #127658 by Pterosaur
Replied by Pterosaur on topic swingarm with original wheel
That's kind of a head scratcher, because the usual reason for wanting to swap swingarms is to go to a wider tire in the first place.

The usual wheel to go with is then the wheel designed to go with the updated swingarm. ;)

• wireman
  • Visitor
08 Apr 2007 09:01 #127669 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic swingarm with original wheel
yeah,whats your reason for the swap?:whistle:

More
08 Apr 2007 14:53 #127783 by 13thlevel
Replied by 13thlevel on topic swingarm with original wheel
I would like to have a wider wheel and a stretched swingarm with a spoked wheel. There is a gallery photo under KZ900 listing page 5, the author is "thetemples" or something. It is the black bike. That bike is exactly what I want my bike to look like. I hate to be non-original, but what he has done with that bike is awesome. Could someone tell me what kind of wheel is on that bike? He states that the swingarm is a "calfab". Are they a custom shop? Can I get one?

Post edited by: 13thlevel, at: 2007/04/08 18:00
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Visitor
08 Apr 2007 18:34 #127851 by wireman
cal fab went out of business years ago,you can still find them but you will pay dearly for it.or you can just get an aluminum arm from a newer bike and put it on there;)

More
08 Apr 2007 19:30 #127884 by 13thlevel
Replied by 13thlevel on topic swingarm with original wheel
LOL...What newer bike has spoked wheels and a extended swingarm that would work on my bike?
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Visitor
08 Apr 2007 19:49 #127905 by wireman
you can keep your wire wheel,although i prefer disc brakes on my wire wheels:P you could always grab a gsxr arm and modify it or just about any arm that looks good to ya;)
Attachments:

More
16 Apr 2007 17:42 #130901 by demented
Replied by demented on topic swingarm with original wheel
a wider tire isnt the main reason for a swingarm exchange where i come from. a swingarm swap is usually to extend the rear end to help keep the front tire down when you stage it up for blast off.:evil:

More
16 Apr 2007 18:09 #130914 by udder
Replied by udder on topic swingarm with original wheel
hey wire is the one in the pic u modded a gsxr? if so what year and got any other pics???

• wireman
  • Visitor
16 Apr 2007 18:34 #130918 by wireman
that one was from a 99 gsxr 750 im pretty sure.its all welded up now,ill get some new pictures of it when i get a chance;) that one is extend another 3" so its around 4-4 1/2" over stock plus it has enough room for a 200mm shootout tire with a 6"wire wheel.you can do wheelies with any length of swingarm this bike will have no problem melting down that tire and hoisting front end in any gear should i feel the need to do so;)

More
16 Apr 2007 18:44 #130922 by udder
Replied by udder on topic swingarm with original wheel
so im guessing its for the tubo? looking into extended swingarm possibilities for next winter. just looking for a couple over. gsxr probably the closest for my application wouldnt ya think. on a side not i missed out on 60 older metrics for 15 grand sold here locally. :blink:

Post edited by: udder, at: 2007/04/16 21:47

• wireman
  • Visitor
16 Apr 2007 18:54 #130925 by wireman
actually if ya just want to pick up an inch or 2 and a lot stiffer swingarm an 81-82 gs1100e swingarm is about the easiest and cheapest way to go;)